Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thanksgiving Weekend Wrap Up



Hello and happy Sunday.  I was fortunate enough to have lots of crafty time this weekend and I was able to do something I have not done in a long time--make lots of cards just for fun and play along with a bunch of challenges.  So let's get right to it.

First up is a card where I was inspired by the photo and sketch at Fusion {Blue Christmas} and the challenge at Paper Players #273 Tic Tac Toe, where I am using the diagonal (Snowflake, Sparkle or Shine, Die Cut).


I stamped a background pattern using PTI Fab Flakes and Hero Arts Ombre Inks (Pool to Navy).  I used the SSS A2 Curved edge die on my front panel and also to create the curved banner for my sentiment from Avery Elle.  Hard to see in the picture, but those snowflakes are all glittered up with WOS and Stickles.



Next up is a mostly white card using the Serendipity Stamps Bird Die, which I cut multiple times and adhered all over my card front to create texture and dimension.  This card from Kim inspired my idea.  I heat embossed the sentiment in black on vellum from PTI Wet Paint Holiday, and added some blue sequins.


I am entering this card at SSCB #49: Happy Holidays, Merry Monday #181: Blue and White with Texture, Simply Create Too #99: Snow or use mostly white, and Addicted to CAS: Dimension.




How about some penguins?  My next card features a trio of penguins from PTI Holiday Folk Mini and uses the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch #150.  Hard to see in this photo, but I used embossing paste and a stencil to add snow to the top of the card behind the penguins.


I am also entering this card at AAA Cards #53: Anything Goes and The Challenge #52: Create a Christmas Card.



Fantastic video this week at Make it Monday #252 reminding us about Layered stamping on Kraft, so I used that technique along with the new Fab Flakes stamps to make my next card.  I used a stacked die cut 'season's' for my sentiment, and had the bottom layer white and offset by a little, to mimic the stamping.  Hard to see, but I used the Lil Inkers Circles and Diamonds cover plate for a little quilted texture on my stamped panel.


I am also entering this card at Simon Says Wednesday Anything Goes and Christmas Card Challenges #52 Anything Goes.




Ready for another penguin?  This one is from PTI Warmest Wishes, and I colored him as well as all the other bits on this card with Copic markers.  I used the sketch from FMS #214 and am also entering this card at Addicted to Stamps and More #172: Make Your Mark.





Are you still with me?  Sorry for the long post--this is my last project to share today.  Another set of tags, this one inspired by the challenge at Muse Christmas Visions where the theme is red and green plus a tree.  This is my first time playing along at this fun challenge.




I used a set from Clearly Whimsey that I won last year, and made 2 each of 4 different patterns of graphic Christmas trees.  Each tree is decorated with a different type of red bling, and the tags are die cut from Paper Smooches Quote Die.



Well, that's it for me today.

Thanks for Visiting





40 comments :

  1. WOW, Joyce, every single one of these cards and tags are seriously STUNNING!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Joyce...so many beautiful cards. Yahoo for crafty time. Love them all! Thanks so much for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You were definitely on a crafting mission....a VERY successful and beautiful one! Love all your creations (especially the tags!!!). Adore the sweet penguins that you crafted up and shared with us at 'the challenge'. Great colors and tons of glorious white space! Thanks for sharing with us at 'the challenge' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this visit was definitely a lovely surprise. Came to get an up close view of that fabulous dove card and was gob-smacked by all this gorgeousness. What an amazing array of loveliness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a treat here in this post! And again glad to see that you are also ply along in more challenges with one card :0
    Love the tags again; they look so fresh! And the snowflakes on the first are so beautyfully stamped with the ombre colours! You had a fun weekend I think...Wish you a colourfull week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always a treat visiting your blog :) how awesome all these projects are <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Joyce you are rocking and rolling these Christmas makes out like a machine! Each one is so awesome and unique, bursting with brilliance and inspiration! Thanks for linking up at AAA cards and ATCAS. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you certainly have had a fun weekend creating one lovely card after the other. I especially like the three penguins. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Joyce! your cards and tags are amazing...I sooooo luv those tree tags....eeeccckkkk, I will have to make a few for my gift this year....thanks for the inspiration! fabulous designs! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blue and white cards are so elegant, Joyce, and the penguins so whimsical. The tree tags are wonderful and I really want to try that PTI technique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards! Thanks for joining us this week at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joyce, you have been BUSY! I love all your cards and tags! Those little penguins are just adorable and love the sentiment, too! SO happy you joined us at The Challenge this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful cards! I have to say that your tree card just jumps out of the gallery. That penguin is adorable. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what a brilliant collection of cards and tags. I cant believe how much you covered in this post. I totally love the first card with the snowflakes in the blue/green ink. Actually I love everything so now I need to go back and check them all out again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You DID get your crafty on Joyce!! Love each and every one of them. I'm happy you got to stamp for fun and play along with some challenges. It's hard to fit that in sometimes!! FABulous cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those little penguins are so sweet and I like the sentiment used too . Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, Joyce, you've been one busy stamper! Your ombré Dab Flakes look awesome. I knew I should have bought that set, but it's on my wish list. Love your penguins and cute tags. Way to rock so many challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did have loads of card-making fun this weekend, Joyce! I LOve those tree tags ... and every other single thing ...
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  19. well, you did get some crafty time in! I love that PTI snowflake and the ombre look is perfect-thanks for joining Fusion. And I adore the white on white bird card, I must give this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a busy day you've had! Love these! So glad you joined us at MCV this week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like you were on a roll, Joyce! What a wonderful collection of Christmas cards! Love how you added dimension to the 2nd one, and how you created all those sweet tags! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lots of beautiful projects - LOVE LOVE LOVE the doves - white on white - so elegant, and the clever colorful stamping of the snowflakes on the first! Eye candy I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Did you ever have a great crafting weekend! It wasn't easy picking a favorite, but I have to say I LOVE the curved banner on the first card and the ombre snowflakes are favulous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, wow, Joyce! So much fabulousness in this post! Amazing cards!

    ReplyDelete
  25. A most inspiring post! You really created tons of gorgeousness! Love the tags and so happy that you played with MCV 30!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, so many fabulous projects! They are all so gorgeous. The ombre snowflakes are an cool idea--love the fun colors! And of course I adore the Warm Wishes design.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your Christmas tree tags! Really neat and simple...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fantastic group of CAS holiday cards! Beautifully designed and perfectly stamped. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Joyce, all your cards are beautiful. Love the variety of your tags with the different trees. Very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, how busy were you at the weekend?! All totally fabulous, loving the ombre snowflakes and the pink/white on kraft, so effective. Your little penguin/tree cluster is just adorable too.
    Thanks so much for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a great selection of creations, Joyce. I love the green/blue snowflakes, the lovely white on white birds, the cool Kraft card and the 3 penguins too! Beautiful! Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards. Melissa - DT

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looks like you are on a roll here with a wonderful selection of Christmas cards and tags.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the dove die cuts used as all over design! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Serendipity Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  34. You are amazing Joyce - I love all these cards and they are all so different! I love the white on white doves and the little penguins! Thanks for linking up at AAA Cards! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my Joyce...so so so many wonderful and amazing cards. Just love them all. Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow, Joyce! You have been incredibly productive! I love each and every one of your creations, especially the trio of colorful penguins. Thanks so much for playing along with my Tic Tac Toe challenge at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh my goodness, Joyce ... what a gorgeous collection of cards and tags ... I've so enjoyed you enjoying your crafty weekend ... thank you! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow, glad I did not miss seeing this post with so many amazing projects! I love that penguin card !Love the simple design of the tree tags and I love everything you do with the Warm Wishes set! The dove looks great as a background for your card, Thanks for joining us in the Serendipity Stamps challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  39. WOW, Joyce, I'm in breath-taken-away awe at your array of stunning creations here! Your creative expression has come out in full force, with delight after delight after delight! The penguins, the birds and the snowflakes are highlights for me!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...