Sunday, November 15, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up


Hello friends.  I have a quick post to share some of the things I have been working on this weekend. 

First up is a card inspired by the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch #149.

I clear embossed a branch from Paper Smooches Botanicals 2 and then sponged Distress Ice Spruce ink over and around it.  Sorry about the poor lighting.  This is going into my Sympathy card stash.  



I am also entering this card at Simon Says Wednesday Thinking of You challenge.




Next up is a tag, inspired by the Poppy Stamps samples over at my friend Tracey's 25 Tags of Christmas event.  I am also entering this tag at Poppystamps Challenge #14, Home for the Holidays.




Some more tags for Tracey's challenge--I used the PTI Minute to Make Holiday tags, and my Misti, and it really was so very quick to make these tags.  I made two sets--one set using the colors from ColourMe #97 and one set using colors I just felt like trying.





Last up is a card I almost didn't post because I am not too happy with it, but I decided to keep it real and show it anyway.  Plus, I didn't want to miss the opportunity to enter PTI's Make it Monday contest.


The challenge was using a cover plate to water color.  Well, now I know how to do it.


That's it for me this weekend.  Less than an hour before the PTI November release goes on sale, and I am going to try to nab a few things before they sell out.


Thanks for Visiting








20 comments :

  1. Oh, no, that watercolour card is gorgeous! It's 'loose' and you're usually cleaner but it's really fun and looks handpainted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great projects today. I actually visited your post by clicking on your watercolor card because it totally caught my eye. The sweet hearts and rainbows colors are pretty as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce your cards and tags are fabulous. Love the spruce sponging and the watercolour rainbow! Your Poppy Stamps tag is so lovely (there you go shopping for me again and you didn't even know you were-lol). Thank you for linking to the 25 Days of Christmas Tags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your tags! The colours and how crisp they are! The card is an elegant one; just like you would like such one to be! And watercolour? Just as everything; practice makes it better! (Or you'll find that it's not your "thing") Have a fun week! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tags Joyce, and your cards are so pretty! I'm glad you shared your last card, I think it's fantastic~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas tags are so festive! Perfect for our colour combo. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your tags are beautiful!!!! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards and tags are fabulous! You have just reminded me that I really need to get kicking on some Chrissy tags myself lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards and tags :) such a great variety

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and serene sympathy card, Joyce ... gorgeous tags, that little neighbourhood scene is just delicious ... and your last card is yummy ... rainbows and hearts ... a fabulous combination ... I'm happy you shared it, even though you're not happy with it (we're all our own worst critics!)! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tags Joyce, each one is gorgeous in design.
    Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps blog.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joyce...wow you were a busy little stamping bee. So many wonderful creations. Your tags are amazing and you are making me wish I had that sweet village die. I love all your cards even the final one. Thanks for joining us at Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. An array of fabulous creations here. Your watercolouring is so eye-catching and the tags are sheer delight! The little village...so charming!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful creations, Joyce. I love the idea of inking around the leaf image and it does indeed make a great sympathy card. Your tags are darling and I need to get back to making a few more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful collection of cards and tags, Joyce! I love how your water colored hearts turned out, too! Good luck in all the challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of these projects are just wonderful, Joyce!!!!! Your sympathy card is beautiful and I really like your tags - the little houses and trees are so cute and the colours of the set of tags are so beautiful!!!! Your watercoloured hearts are wonderful - again some lovely colours and I like the little black spots!!! All lovely!!!!
    Have a wonderful day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful projects, Joyce! I think my favourite is the tag with the houses and trees!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You had me at Poppystamps, Joyce!!! All gorgeous, mind you, but that Alpine village just calls me home to my two acre wood.
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards and wonderful tags Joyce! Love the set of tags you made and the Poppystamps tag is darling CAS! I love the last card, its a beautiful watercolor and Im glad you shared it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another fabulous post Joyce. I love the poppy tag with the little village, but the rainbow watercolored cover plate has stolen my heart!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...