Tuesday, November 3, 2015

ColourQ #315...Hello



If you are looking for my CASology post, please click here.

Hello and welcome to a new challenge at ColourQ.   I am absolutely in love with this week's colors--bold, deep, rich jewel tones--just my thing.



I decided to use the Multifaceted Cutaway die from Winnie and Walter.  I cut a piece of white card stock, colored each piece with Copics and glued it back into the die cut.  When everything was colored and glued down, I removed the white negative--I love how everything is so perfectly evenly spaced, but the spacer is gone.  I covered the front of the card with a piece of vellum cut just a bit smaller than the card front and tilted a bit.

I added a sentiment from PTI Scribbled Sentiments white heat embossed on a black stitched flag.

Please head on over to the ColourQ challenge blog to see more inspiration from the design team.  I hope you will join in the fun and play along this week.


I am also entering this card at Simon Says Wednesday Anything Goes and Jennifer McGuire's Share Handmade Kindness challenge--this card is on its way to a friend who recently moved to New York.



Thanks for Visiting

14 comments :

  1. Looks indeed great when the spacer is gone...The vellum finshes it beautifully! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE how you softened that bright, but gorgeous background Joyce! Inspiring! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful with the piece of vellum over it to soften the lines! Great idea and design. Joyce! Love the colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the color palette, Joyce! Vellum is such a fun way to keep a card CAS, yet it adds so much character to your design! Great idea to remove the spacer, too...so clean! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! This is a great way to display this weeks colors! I think I need this die too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me think of a kaleidoscope! Lovely use of the colors, Joyce! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great geometric card Joyce,it reminds me of a kaleidoscope! I like the vellum overlay and bold black sentiment panel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful design, Joyce! Great way to use these bold colors and I love the vellum overlay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant, Joyce - love the tilted vellum overlay on the bold colours - really softens the colours so wonderfully!!! You have really done well with these colours!!! Like your beautiful card a LOT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Joyce! This is one of my favorite cards you've ever made. Seriously amazing. Looks like a gorgeous mosaic. You've inspired me to make a card similar to this....stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! These colors are perfect for that die! What an amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, graphic, brilliant, Joyce ... love the balance between the bold colours underneath and the softness of the vellum ... yum! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous; you wear those jewel tones beautifully, Joyce! I can't even imagine how 'labour intensive' it was to colour - and reinsert - all those die cuts, but the results: magic! Love the vellum overlay! In awe...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...