Monday, July 8, 2013

Just One Card and my Wooden Stamp Organization






Happy Monday.  I only had time to make one quick card today, but it meets the criteria for a bunch of challenges.  I pulled out Hero Arts Antique Engravings as my favorite Hero Arts stamp of the day, for A Blog Named Hero Playing Favorites challenge as well as the Hero Arts One Layer Challenge.  I went with a literal interpretation of this week's Case Study #148 for my second entry into this challenge, and masked my sentiment to keep the card one layer.  Finally, the challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show is 'A Little Stamping' to use a small stamp, and I used a small lady bug stamp nestled amongst all the butterflies on this card.  I'm also linking this card up to the Birthday Linky Party at Stacey's Stamping Stage.

All that chatter--now here is the card:





Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Hero Arts Antique Engravings
Paper:  PTI White
Ink:  SU:  Real Red, Garden Green; PTI: Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Harvest Gold, Versafine Smokey Grey


A Bit on Wooden Stamp Organization

I thought I would show how I organize and store my wooden stamps.  I really try not to buy wooden stamps anymore, but there are some companies, like Hero Arts, that I continue to buy in wood because there is no other choice.  

I use Acrylic Box Frames from Aaron Brothers--11 X 14 size, and I wait until they have a buy one, get one for 1 cent.  This frame cost $6.99, so I got 2 for $7.




I take the inside of the frame, turn it over to form a box, add reinforcing cardboard and tape up the corners.




The result is a box for the wooden stamps.  Sometimes I either stamp the image where the stamp goes, or trace an outline of the stamp, to make it easier to put the stamps away.



The clear plastic frame becomes the lid of the box.




And they stack nicely.  I could also label the boxes, but haven't done that yet.






Thanks for Visiting

25 comments :

  1. Beautiful butterfly card. I didn't notice the cute ladybugs until after I read your post!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beautiful butterfly card!
    I use the acrylic frames for my extra wood stamps too, but I just turn the frame upside down add the stamps then stack one on top of the other . They are great for stacking . TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun!! I love that you added the cute lady bug too!! Thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh by the way .....I went out and bought the same sequin container you showed a few weeks ago. While I was in the store I just looked up you post so I could get the same one, love it! Thanks for sharing that tip as well Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Joyce....wow!!! I have never been much of a butterfly person (remember the flowers?) but after seeing this card you have me sold, once again, I guess that is what friends are for, right? I am in love, love with your wooden stamp storage, mine are in drawers and they are stacked on top of one another, this will be so much fun to do, thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card. Your stamping is gorgeous. And what a great idea for storing your wooden stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely butterfly card! the organization tip is great, too! thanks for celebrating at the Birthday Party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great! I love the colors you used, it gives it a more autumnal look! Thanks for sharing your story about your MFW creation, it made me feel better and gave me a little chuckle. It's nice to know I'm not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your overlapping butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great combination of challenges on this beautiful one layered card! Thanks for playing along with A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm very inspired by your card! Using a white base and then just stamping images in different colors of ink is so simple, yet this card screams "Look at me!" It's so elegant and FUN at the same time. It really is striking! Thank you for stamping a little with us this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Joyce, love the colours :0)
    Great storage solution too.... I have a few wooden backed stamps I wouldn't part with either and they live in draws.... Couldn't imagine the size room I'd need if acrylic stamps hadn't been invented!!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is absolutely gorgeous Joyce! I love those butterflies in all those fantastic colours. Way to rock out so many challenges too. Love your wooden stamp organization so fun that you can see them all at the glance.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ...and thank you so much for sharing your card with us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your butterfly card is stunning all the wonderful colors and detailed images! Great take on the inspiration photo - the card I wish I'd made! Great idea with the stamp storage too. You'd laugh at mine - I have them in 9 x 11 metal baking pans!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those butterflies.....gorgeous!! Love the wooden stamp storage....I have several SU walden sets that I don't want to give up yet and this is a fab idea....thinking with the size I would still have better storage!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card, Joyce! Fabulous stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty card. Love all those different colored butterflies. You sure did pack a punch of challenges in that one card.
    i too store my rubber stamps in those clear plastic frames. But I don't do anything to them. Just put the stamps in. I constantly rearrange the stamps so I don't do the images. My days of buying wood mounted stamps are over. Trying to sell what I have at garage sales.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful stamping and masking, Joyce! I've tried to eliminate most of my wood mounted stamps, because I just don't find myself using them. But it looks like you've got a great storage solution for them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, Joyce! I tried to post to your blog last night and it wouldn't let me! Has that ever happened to anyone before? Love your gorgeous card! The mix of colors look great. Isn't it great how the same stamps in different colors create a whole different look. Wonderful stamp storage system too. Love the idea that they can all be seen easily.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is amazing, Joyce ... such gorgeous butterflies ... so similar to the ones I was watching today fluttering around a buddleia bush ... a delight! What a great storage solution ... so innovative and creative! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another one for pinning, Joyce! Stunning! And your reuse of the plastic frame for your woodens is nothing short of genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful card. I love how you stamped the butterflies and masked the place for the sentiment. Thanks for playing with us at a Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your butterflies car is lovely! Thanks for playing with us at a Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful butterfly card! Love the colours. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...