Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Time Out #41 Reminder....Happy Thanksgiving





Hello.  Did you know that you still have time to play along with us at  Time Out.  This week, our challenge is Inspired by Words.  We have this quote by American poet William Cullen Bryant:

"Autumn...the year's last, lovliest smile."


I inked up PTI's Brushed Off in a variety of fall colors, then added a sentiment and die cut leaves. This quote inspired me to use fall colors and to make a card that should bring a smile to the recipient. 

Quick and easy (especially if you overlook the tiny smudge...)  This card will accompany one of the Thanksgiving baskets I usually make for the homebound elderly.  I am pretty sure they will forgive the smudge, because I do not have time for a redo this week.

I hope that you will take some Time Out to play along with us this week.  Please see the Time Out challenge blog to see more inspiration from the Design Team and our guest designer, Glenda of My Paper Cat.

I am also linking this up at Simon Says Monday challenge: Autumn is in the Air.




Thanks for Visiting

18 comments :

  1. I am always making smudges like this and don't re-do...it is only us that notice-I wouldn't have seen it if you didn't mention it! The open leaves like this allow us to see that gorgeous Autumn background x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have noticed the smudge if you hadn't sent me looking! Love, love, love the rich colors on this card Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is positively gorgeous. What a great way to use those brush strokes, and the colors are luscious. I too didn't notice the smudge until you pointed it out! Not to worry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty, Joyce! The smudge is just part of the brushstrokes, right? Why not? I love your rich, fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fall colors Joyce, this is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous dry brush strokes in beautiful fall colors. What more could you ask for in an autumn card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What smudge? LOve those strokes, and your chosen colors!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the brush strokes in fall colours Joyce! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colors are so rich and pretty. Love how you used the brush strokes with the modern leaf die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your use of the brush stroke stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been trying to talk myself out of both the Brushed Off stamp set and the leaf die. How can I do that when you make a card like this!!! And I didn't notice the smudge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those rich autumn colours are just gorgeous, Joyce ... such a great backdrop to those leafy outlines! Didn't see the smudge, btw! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful cause that you made this card for - just further evidence to me of the largeness and generosity of your heart!!! What a wonderful and beautiful card with deep, rich tones!!! SO perfect for Autumn!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful...love your take on Autumn! Now I need those stamps!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That brushed of stamp is a great one! With the colours you have used and that beautiful tree it is a perfect Autumncard (like that style!) Have a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful brushstrokes in such vibrant Autumn colours - so perfect for the quote! A beautiful card for such a wonderful cause! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous autumn card, Joyce! I love the Brush Strokes with the leaves and your color combo is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. that brushstrokes really pop up on your card and the color is adorable Joyce
    I luv that DIE leaves
    AWESOME card my friend
    hugs,
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...