Friday, October 30, 2015

The 12 Kits of Occasions: October, 2015



Let's Go!

It's time for our monthly 12 Kits of Occasion post, and I am the host this month.  I went rogue and chose my own theme this month....Let's Go.

I used papers, stamps and dies all around the theme of travel and far away places. Last year, I purchased 2 pretty expensive sets from PTI, Get Lost and Pack Your Bags, and they had not seen much (any) love, so I decided to base my kit on those sets.  I also used a few stamps from Penny Black and Tim Holtz and paper from Echo Park.  You can see a complete supply list under the heading 'Monthly Kit Supplies - 2015 on the 12 Kits of Occasions blog.


Photo Courtesy of Tracey

I was not sure if I would be able to make anything at all from my kit because I used stamps and dies I had for a long time and which had stumped me whenever I pulled them out and tried to create.  I was hoping that creating a kit with those supplies would somehow jump start my mojo.  And, it worked.  I am happy to report that I was able to make 7 cards in a very short period of time, and I am looking forward to seeing what everyone else did so I can get even more ideas.









That's it for me today.  Please visit us over at the 12 Kits of Occasions blog, where you can see a list of all the other designers and click over to their blogs.

I invited 2 crafty friends to join us this month.  Kara from K and R Designs and Jacquie from What did I do today?. Please visit them and take a look at what they created from their kits.


Thanks for Visiting

20 comments :

  1. Joyce I loved your idea of using stamps you bought and never used! It will be great to have these travel cards on hand and ready to go! Thanks for a fun and easy kit!
    Love the cards you created The first two are my favorites and I love your softly colored cities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce, your cards are fabulous! I especially love the "hand drawn" images you included in the kit. This looks like it was a fun one to create with!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce, these are fabulous travel themed cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce, what a fabulous kit you created for yourself and the 12 Kits gals! You've definitely gotten 'around' those dies and stamps that had you stumped, with an array of cards that are travel-themed terrific! I'm ready to pack my bags and head to San Francisco...or New York...or wherever! Awesome x 7, my friend!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce this was such a fun kit. I love making travel theme projects - I can't tell you how many scrapbooks I've made for other people! I loved the papers and all the stamps you used. You are making another purchase inevitable! Your cards are perfectly you Joyce - very CAS, but not missing a single thing. I love the suitcases with the big ben background, the airplane on the globe, and the clever way you split the pattern paper on the "oh the places" card. Wonderful! Thank you for all the goodies and for another wonderful month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous and fun kit...I love everything in it. Those suitcases are so amazing and fun to play with. I am in love with your sweet city scenes, and your coloring is beautiful. I love that you sent stamps and dies that you never used and ones that I did not have either. Now I need to take a trip somewhere! Thank you again for a fabulous kit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun I love all your creations <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy you went rogue with this kit - the theme is fantastic and the PTI luggage stamps & dies are now high on my wish list! Love your two stacked suitcase cards. Thanks again for inviting me to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a great time with your travel kit Joyce, a fun theme!! All of your cards look FABulous. Love the way you stacked the suitcases on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, your kit was so wonderful! It was so easy to work and I loved the great papers and die cuts. Those suitcases were my favorite! Love all your cards! There has been so much inspiration this month and it was especially fun to play with a theme I had never used before.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such great cards! Thanks so much for inviting me back this month! I really enjoyed your fun kit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun kit, Joyce!!!! I love what you have done with all the lovely goodies!!! I really like the city scenes and how you have coloured it!!! Fabulous cards!!!
    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joyce I had so much fun with your kit, I have been eyeing thoe tamps and dies for a long time and now got to play with them. You picked the perfect colours to go along with your patterned paper. Your cards are all so lovely and you rocked your own kit. I really like how you coloured some of the city images! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great kit! I almost got Get Lost but didn't because I didn't know how and when to really use it. Your group gave me lots of great ideas so back up the wish list it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so loved playing with these wonderful supplies and stamped images ... LOve PTI, and Penny Black but seldom buy - why is that? Just wonderful cards, Joyce - especially those New York and San Fran one-layered-wonders so perfectly colored!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an awesome kit, Joyce ... and oh my goodness ... seven cards ... each one as fabulous as the last! My faves ... the first two with the stacked valises ... and the last two with the soft colours over those wonderful outline cityscapes! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great kit, Joyce, and awesome cards. Sounds like a great way to use those "had to have but haven't used" products and get even more ideas to inspire you. Always enjoy seeing what your group comes up with each month.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love them all...So creative! And so much inspiration here!

    ReplyDelete
  19. As always, you have really done an amazing job on this kit, Joyce! I love every one of your cards, most especially the last two...such beautiful cityscapes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh...these are fabulous Joyce! Love each and every card!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...