Friday, November 13, 2020

Some Cards I Made This Week



I had a fun and crafty week....I must admit to feeling more hopeful these days.  First up is a card inspired by this card by my friend Lindsey.  The idea came to me in the middle of the night as something I could do for the MFT Birthday Project Challenge: Balloons.  The next morning, I woke up and made my card.

I created a mask out of scrap computer paper and the MFT Skyline die, and used the MFT Big Balloon stencil with distress oxide ink blending.  After I sponged everything above the skyline, I removed the skyline mask and did a really faint bit of inking at the bottom of the balloon, just to make sure that the shape was recognizable as a balloon.  I am also entering this card at WWC297 and Seize the Birthday #203 with no topping.







Next up is this card I made with one of my recent Mama Elephant purchases, Oh Penguin Tree.  I just love how cute these penguins are, and when I saw the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch #398, I knew it would be the perfect stamp set to use.  I used colors from this week's Color Throwdown #619 and am also entering this card at The Daily Marker 11 Day Coloring Challenge.








I made this thank you card using rustic cream cardstock, a large Thank you die from Poppystamps and a bunch of woodland critters cut from fall colors of cardstock and various Whittle critters.  I am entering this card at the Poppystamps Challenge #74: Colors of Autumn, Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Thanks, The Card Concept #143 (my style is clean and layered and I was inspired by the thank theme as well as the fall colors in the inspiration photo), and Fusion: Thankful.




I used the dies from the MFT Fox & Friends kit to create this card, which uses the sketch  from the MFT Sketch Challenge #515.  I die cut everything out of white cardstock and used ink blending to color all the pieces.





Last up is a trio of cards I made inspired by a sentiment I found in an older PTI stamp set (Garden Grace)--and it seemed to capture the hopeful mood I have been in the last few days.  




I am entering both of these cards at The Flower Challenge #50: Use a Sentiment.





And, my final card with that sentiment I loved so much.  This one uses a die cut from In the Woods, and I masked off the edges and blended various shades of green distress inks.



Thanks for Visiting
 

14 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness Joyce, each one as fabulous as the next! Love them ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, those middle-of-the-night ideas. I'm so glad you remembered this one, and I may have to CASE your CASE! I adore the penguins and how you've coloured them! The rest of the cards are all fabulous, too. It's easier to be creative when you're feeling hopeful, isn't it? Finally, thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous week of cards, Joyce! I adore the little stack of cuteness you've added to our CTS gallery... thanks so much for playing cards with us! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful cards here Joyce! I love the one you shared with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' esp. Such pretty flowers and love that sentiment too ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry meant to say I love the TWO of your cards you shared with us over at 'The Flower Challenge';) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That "neck of the woods" card....LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were busy this week, Joyce and they are all lovely! I especially like the first card for the MFT Balloon challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So clever! I love the skyline within the balloon. :-) Have a great week and thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you have been busy Joyce. That balloon stencil card is amazing. Beautiful spongng and such a clever idea to put the image inside the balloon. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love ALL your cards, but the WHITTLES....I just got some and haven't really played with them yet, but THAT CARD makes me want to drop everything and go play with them! ADORABLE! Thanks for sharing this with us at The Card Concept this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards and I love the flowers! So pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the thanks card! Looks like you've been busy - great bunch of cards. Thanks for playing over at The Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful group of cards! Love the cute Whittle critters on your thanks card! Thanks for playing along with us at Poppystamps this month!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of clever designs.. I think you are evolving again.. I LOVE the balloon with the skyline inside, the florals that frame the sentiment, and the whittle critters on the THANKS inlay with all the shades of autumn. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...