Sunday, November 22, 2020

My Crafty Weekend

 


Hello and happy Sunday.  My first card today uses this adorable pair of penguins from Altenew.  I was inspired by the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch #399, the colors at Color Throwdown #620 and the Penguin challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #173: P is for Penguin (no snark here...just love).



My next card is inspired by the challenge at Ink to Paper to make a Winter Wonderland card.  I am also linking up at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Happy Holidays, Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Christmas, and WWC298: Anything Goes Masculine.





My next card features a gold embossed sentiment, and I am entering it at Seize the Birthday #204: Sparkle & Shine.





I call this next card:  Chocolate Moose.  I was inspired by the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches #462 and the challenge at Color Hues #6: Pink & Brown.  I used this adorable little moose from my new Hero Arts Furry Winter Animals stamp and did some background stamping with a bitten chocolate bar stamp I've had for ages.




Here is a closer look at the background stamping.






I made my final two cards for the challenge at A Blog Named Hero: Glitter & Sparkle and Stay Crafty with Hero #17: Thank You.  I used the Hero Arts Nature Stencil and Nuvo Glimmer Embossing Paste to create the background.  It's a bit hard to see, but in person it is an incredibly glittery forest.




Here is a close up of some of the glittery trees.



I wondered what it would look like in black, so I made another card.  Using the same Glimmer paste on black cardstock had the trees and forest looking green or gold, depending on which way I tilted the card.





Thanks for Visiting

16 comments :

  1. I like your crafty weekends and all of the prettiness that comes from it! The pop of red from the cardinals on the white branches is so pretty, the dances are heaps of fun and that moose is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing set of cards! I love that cute little moose. Great neutral colours and a super fun sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set of cards, Joyce! Love the sweet chocolate moose. It's always a treat to see your designs in the FMS gallery - thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun you have had Joyce. Thanks for sharing your deer card with us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great selection of cards! Thanks for entering your penguin card over at The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers P is for Penguin Challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful collection of cards! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. My you've been a busy crafter this weekend Joyce. I love all your cards and inparticular the die cut winter wonderland. It's very serene card with the mostly white and pop of red and black. Thans for joining us this week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful cards and I love all of the images that you used!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing all of your cards in one spot! These are fabulous. Thank you for sharing your sweet, sweet penguins with us at the Sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your penguin card is so adorable and a great way to use the throwdown colors! So glad you joined us in the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My you've been a busy crafter Joyce. I love all your cards and I have to start with the Birthday card! What a fun stamp set that my son would love as he can ballroom dance, it looks as if they are doing the Jitterbug. As for the moose card...this one stole my heart. Love the punny sentiment. You have nailed all the challenges you played along with! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues and Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful assortment of cards Joyce, love the dancers, such a different image! Gorgeous sparkle and shine in the sentiment too, thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards! LOVE those Penguins you used for our challenge! Perfect!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab collection of cards!
    Thanks for playing along with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A parade of delights, as always, Joyce! I'm crushing over all your cards, and especially the Chocolate Moose! Talk about a fabulous pink + brown creation (and now I'm thinking about chocolate mousse which has my sweet tooth tingling!) Delighted to see this gem in the Colour Hues gallery!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love your dance card, Joyce, such movement! Thanks for playing along with our sparkle and shine challenge at Seize The Birthday 🥳

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...