Saturday, November 28, 2020

My Crafty Thanksgiving Week

 


Hello and happy Saturday.  Today, I'm posting some of the cards I made over the course of this week.  The current challenge at Lawn Fawnatics #89 is Happy Holiday Critters, and I am linking up my first two cards to that challenge and at WWC299 (Occasion is Christmas/Holiday)

I created a little snowy night holiday scene with 2 of the bears from Den Sweet Den and the Forest Border die.  I just love how cute these bears are, and it reminds me of knitting for my kiddos.  I am also entering this card at Shopping Our Stash #434: Let it Snow and Just Add Ink #533: Just Add "S" (Snow)






For my second Lawn Fawn holiday critter card, I used a tag I made a while back for The 25 Days of Christmas Tags using these adorable birds, and converted it to a card, and I am entering this card at Just Add Ink #533: Just Add "S" (Singing)



Moving on to birthdays, I loved the look of that metallic paper so much on this card, I decided to use a piece of copper colored paper for my next card.  I started with a three layer die from Birch Press Epiphany, cut the first two layers from white and cut the top layer with the copper paper.



Here is a closer look at some of the details.  I used a die from Concord & 9th to cut the sentiment out of a piece of black card stock, and backed it with more of the same copper paper.  I am entering this card at Seize the Birthday #204: Sparkle & Shine and Just Add Ink #533: Just Add "S" (Shine).








My next card is inspired by the Sketch Challenge at MFT #517 and the Color Challenge #154.  This is a really fun get well card for someone who is not very sick.







My next card started as a fail, but after changing direction, I am pleased with the final result.  I swiped a piece of cardstock with Catherine Pooler ink, splattered water, then tried to do something I saw on a video with versa mark and the stamp that I will use in my next card.  That did not work, and I was left with a very pretty colored background.  I sliced it up into strips, and used it to follow the sketch at CAS Colours & Sketches #398.  I am also entering it at Just Add Ink #533: Just Add "S" (Strips).





Almost at the end....I started playing around with a new Hero Arts cling stamp and have 2 cards so far to show for my effort.

I white heat embossed the image and blended distress oxide inks all over.  Added this little moose I am enamored with, a popped up sentiment and WOS everywhere.  I am entering this card at Stay Crafty with Hero Arts #17: Thank You and A Blog Named Hero:  Glitter and Sparkle.






For my second card with this stamp, I heat embossed in black sparkle, sponged distress oxide ink and then cut my panel down as inspired by the current sketch at Fusion.  I am also entering this card at Stay Crafty with Hero Arts #17: Thank You and A Blog Named Hero:  Glitter and Sparkle.




I think I have 4 more spots to enter at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week, so I will enter the first 4 cards in my post over there.

Thanks for Visiting

22 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness....so many amazing and beautiful cards!!! Love those sweet panda's bouncing and your adorable knitting in the snow! All so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! So many wonderful cards, Joyce! I love them all! The little birds make a perfect addition to the bauble tag die cut and really moves up a notch wen added to the EF background!! Thanks so much for joining in at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful array of cards - I love the shapes, swirls and shine on you cards - lots of great shapes. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! I love the knitting bear! Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful take on the sketch. Thanks for playing over at The Fusion Card challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cozy little bear card! In fact, I love each one of your creations. :-) Have a great week and thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy. All such beautiful projects. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards! I love all of them, I think the copper mandala birthday card is probably my favorite. Beautiful. As for the very colorful "Sending Hugs" card, if that was a fail....you did a great job resurrecting it! So colorful, happy and I can feel the hug from here. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CC&S

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many great cards! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath-DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a string of fabulous cards Joyce, all so different. Love all the different creative 'S' elements you applied in your cards. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another amazing set of cards Joyce, the Birch Press die one is so intricate and I love the copper shine, thankyou for linking up to Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome cards! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Joyce. You have been so busy creating these beauties. You've done a super job with all of the S elements. Thanks for joining in at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all fantastic Joyce. You have really ourdone yourself with our Just Add 'S' challenge this week. I love them all but the one that stood out to me the most is the one with the three layer die from Birch Press Epiphany. It's just stunning! Wow! Thanks for joining in and playing along this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many gorgeous entries Joyce! They are all fabulous and so very different...Well done! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  16. all these cards are lovely! thanks a lot for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you've been busy! I'm so glad that our 'S' challenge was so inspirational for you! I especially love the stripes and singing cards - thanks for sharing them with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't decide which card I like the best, they are all so different! Thanks for joining in our challenge this week at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The ombre background is really beautiful. It makes the sentiment stand out! Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cards! Love that background and thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This was fun to stroll down and see your latest creativity! I love that HA background stamp and the moose!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...