Thursday, November 1, 2012

The 12 Kits of Christmas: October








I'm here with the latest edition of our 12 Kits of Christmas.  We are a bit delayed, due to Hurricane Sandy.  My heart goes out to all who have been affected by this natural disaster.  If you are wondering what you have stumbled into, please click here for more information.  This month's kit was generously provided by Jessica of The Paper Parade.   If you know Jessica, you are probably expecting to see a bunch of super cute cards, featuring some of the adorable critters from Paper Smooches.  If so, then you would be correct.

Just take a look at all the goodies she sent.  One of the most fun parts about this group is getting to play with stamp sets and dies I don't have, and this month was no exception.  Jessica sent so many fun and whimsical elements, plus the most adorable patterned paper, and I had such fun watching these critters come to life as I moved them around my desk.




 When I get a kit like this, it can be a bit overwhelming at first.  I have gotten in the habit of spending some time fussy cutting the images, then moving them around to see where they want to land.  This kit was no exception--once I sprung the images loose, they pretty much told me where they wanted to go.  Let's take a look, shall we?


Once I cut out and colored these adorable little socks, they told me that they wanted to hang from a clothes line.  I used my Banner Border set to create a place for them to hang.  Afterwards, I realized that they should probably be hanging from a fireplace mantle, but--too late.



I am in love with this dog.  Isn't he just the cutest?  I know so many Spanish speaking people who would get a real kick out of this card--it's going to be hard to decide who gets it.




I just adore this cute little penguin, and I paired him with a Christmas tree and a little gift.  I think he might be giving the gift to the dog above, but we will never know.
 


This card  is my favorite.  I just love those two snowmen hanging out together, tall and thin with short and squat.  Since I have the set that these two guys come from, I was able to take advantage of that and do a little paper piecing with their hats and scarves. 



I almost didn't post this card.  I liked it when I made it, but compared to everything else I ended up doing with this kit, it seems rather boring.
 

Since we had a bit of extra time this month, I made this last card to highlight some of the cute patterned papers Jessica sent.  It is a direct CASE of some cards I posted here.  I used the PTI bead die to cut the patterned papers.  This would be a super way to use up paper scraps to make cards that are quick, easy, and flat for mailing.



Well, that's it for me.  I've kept you long enough.  Now, please head over to see what everyone else has done with Jessica's kit.  Believe it or not, I still have quite a bit left over, and so I am eager to see what everyone else did, and what I can CASE with my leftover supplies.  A huge thank you to Jessica, for putting together such a fun, whimsical kit.  And, if you have any questions about supplies, just check the list that I'm sure Jessica will have in her post.


Here is a list of the other members of The 12 Kits of Christmas.  Please stop by their blogs and check out what they have done this month.
 
 Cathy of Empty Nest Crafter
Suzanne of The Card Yard
Joyce of Cards-by-the-Sea (that's me!)
Kara of KandR Designs
Jessica of The Paper Parade
Jeanne of A Kept Life
Sharron of On Papillon Wings

 
Thanks for Visiting

20 comments :

  1. Just walked in and I had to peek at your cards. Joyce you did an amazing job with this kit. I love the framed penguin card, and the one with the hills. Oh what I am saying each one is gorgeous you really connected with this kit. Adorable! LOL about my penguin having too much to drink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I'm dying over here with the "fleas" card!! Too funny! And love how you cut rolling hills out of patterned paper for your snowman card. Very funky and modern! Great collection, Joyce!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, Joyce. I especially love the bead die card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce they are wonderfully fabulous!!
    I personally love the simplicity of the stocking one...
    it's fabulous for mass producing!
    And the penguin...
    and of course...
    "the fleas"!! *giggle*
    This was such a fun kit...
    and I'm so glad I have so much leftover because I'm finding quite a bit of inspiration from all of y'all...
    like I knew I would! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, Joyce, they are all fantastic! Your stockings might want to be hanging outside full of bird seed or maybe they just want to be aired out before spending time on the fireplace! All the images are so cute. I love your snowmen with the patterned hills and paper pieced hats & scarves. There are just so many great designs--the fun cards with the dog and the penquin and the great bead die design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am jotting down notes on your cards so I don't forget any details and I realized I have "My favorite" on three of them! They all can't be my favorite, can they? I have decided the one with the two snowmen and the patterned paper snowbanks is my FAVORITE, the others are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow - I love all your cards - in fact I think I am going to be casing a few! I love the socks hanging on the line and the snowmen with the stamped snow background. You saw these images so differently than I did and I am in awe! Your case card is so neat too - love all the colors and the contrast from the busy top to the clean bottom with the sentiment! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are so sweet just like Jessica's kit Joyce! I have been sitting here going over them and examining every card. You socks hanging on the banner are so sweet and I love that hot-dog too. The snowman standing on the patterned paper banner is CASEworthy and I wish I had gotten that bead die because it makes awesome cards. Pinning right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyce! I just LOVE what you've done this month! I love how you explained it, too...the sock "told you" they wanted to be on a clothesline ;) hehehe I love how you already have people in mind for the dog card, that sentiment cracks me up, too :) And then that scene you created in the polariod...wow! I love the patterned hills and scarves on the snowman card, and how you created your own ornaments on the next. Then that great card with the triangles showcasing the patterned paper...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you had the coordinating stamp set and were able to add the adorable patterned scarves to the snow dudes! I think your paper bead card was genius.....seriously....GREAT idea to use scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing all your different creations, and each of your group members as well. The last card is my favorite, so cool and graphic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are such fun holiday cards!! The stamps are so fun. I like your hanging ornament card and your snowman card is great! Oh okay...I love them all! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Joyce. These cards are all fabulous. I love to see what everyone does with these kits. I have all of these sets, and am feeling a little artistic blockage, so thanks for the inspiration! Thank you too for your kind note about the insane storm that we experienced here. As each day passes there is more grim news. We remain safe and warm though. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did an incredible job with the kit, Joyce! My favorites are the stockings hung on the line and the snowmen with the patterned paper hills. The little doggie and penguin are adorable, too, and I love the simplicity of the ornaments that you hung from the top of the card. The patterned strips on the last card are fabulous! What a great use of those pretty papers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great set of cards Joyce and I particularly like the first two... But then I love what you did with the triangles of patterned paper too.. I'm useless at picking! Thanks for sending some sunshine to Manchester.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Joyce, so fun!!! I am in love with your pair of snowmen with the matching scarf and hat, just so much fun. Your coloring is so perfect too and that adorable dog, so fun! My favorite card is your last one using your bead die (need to have this now), so sweet with all the patterned paper and that sentiment, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Where to start!! The end...oh you are making me want that bead die so much now! LOVE it! I also love how you layered that cute lil penguin with the tree, and those stockings with that striped paper. Oh I just love this time of year...holiday cardmaking heaven for me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your cards! I especially love your stocking banner. Love the bead due card too. So cool!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...