Monday, November 26, 2012

Still Crafting


I have four cards for today.  This first card is for the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge--Picture Perfect.   This is the first time I am playing along with a Paper Smooches Picture Perfect challenge.  Here is the photo we had to work with:




Isn't that just such a warm and cozy scene.  I keyed off the colors--yellows and orange, the love message in white, and the rectangular shape of the pillows.  I had to get creative, since my Paper Smooches stash is limited.   I used two rectangular graphic shapes from the Alpha Dots set, and stamped a random pattern in various shades of yellow.  I used white embossing on Summer Sunrise paper for my sentiment, from Pretty Phrases.



My next card is for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge WMSC #125--it's been a while since I played in this challenge.  I used the colors of this week's CR84FN68, which I interpreted as PTI Scarlet Jewel, Memento Grey Flannel, and Vintage Cream. I loved how Jeanne used French Country to make her banners, and decided to do the same thing.  I wish you could feel that beautiful ribbon--Kim sent it to me--and it is soft as silk.







This card, posted by Deb earlier today, really caught my eye.  I loved what she did with her Washi tape, and it made me want to do the same thing with some of my tapes.  There is a certain someone--nameless--who is trying to get me to buy more Washi tape--but I have decided, for now, at least, to try to use what I have.  Crazy talk, I know.


This Washi tape actually comes with random sections of different patterns.  Quite fun, and they have done all the work for me.


By happy accident, I discovered that the chevrons on this Washi tape will all line up when you put the pieces together.  And, that the green is a perfect match to Limeade Ice.


That's it for me today.  Real life is calling my name, and it is hungry!


Supplies Used:
Love
Stamps:  Paper Smooches Pretty Phrases, Alphadots
Paper:  PTI White, Summer Sunrise
Ink:  PTI Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, Versamark
Other:  White embossing powder

Thanks
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse French Country, Compact Sentiments
Paper:  PTI Vintage Cream, Scarlet Jewel
Ink:  Scarlet Jewel, Memento Grey Flannel
Other:  Ribbon from Kim

Washi Tape Cards
Stamps:  PTI Simple Sentiments
Paper:  White, Pure Poppy, Limeade Ice
Ink:  Pure Poppy, Limeade Ice
Other:  Washi Tape, PTI Double Ended Banner Die, Jelly dots


Thanks for Visiting

19 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh ....Joyce ! Your cards are gorgeous! Love what you have done with the washi tape....wow! Your WMS card is so elegant with the deep purple and beautiful gold bow. Great job. I am dying to get in my craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce your cards are all incredible! Love all the yellow patterns, your WM is so elegant that background is awesome. You do have a lot of washi tape (I just wanted you to know where it was on sale), that bright vibrant colour scheme made up of all of them is so striking and of course that chevron tape lined up is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just amazing! 4 more cards too...love each and everyone of them. So happy you found a use for that ribbon, it has to be the nicest ribbon ever and I plan to buy some in each color on my next trip to the city. I am in awe of your use of Washi tape, I have still not taken the plunge with it yet. Maybe after the holidays are over. All of your cards are fabulous, but then they always are, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful collection of cards Joyce! Your stamped background looks wonderful and I love the satin bow! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at all you have been up to! I have to take notes to remember it all! I don't think anyone could have done a better job with the Paper Smooches card. Honestly, you nailed that photo and the sentiment could not have been more perfect. That gold bow is so beautiful and it looks so nice over the French Country banners. All your washi tapes are so neat...I though you pieced all those pieces together! You shouldn't have told your secret that it came that way! Great job on a bunch of great cards Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Cards!! Thanks so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the graphic cards-love you dearly is a wonderful sentiment- and your gorgeous waltzingmouse card which looks luxurious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards Joyce, some great creativity and wonderful inspiration too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Joyce - you've been so busy - love the elegance of your WMSC card, and the simplicity of the washi tape card! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you've been busy! So, so elegant Joyce - such a wonderful collection of cards. Thanks for joining us for the CR84FN challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish the creative bug would slap me hard like this! Make me get to business! Wow Joyce! I love every perfectly placed stamp on the first (random HA!) and the golden colors. Your WMSC is pure clean and simple goodness... and WASHI??? Count me in - I had to get more on Black Friday - I apreciate the inspiration to actually use it instead of just collecting - another winner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the cards you have created....what fun!! Love the background and sentiment in the WMSC/CR84FN card and the washi tape is fun!! Thanks for joining us this week at CR84FN!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great set of cards!!! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Joyce, I love the stamped background and the fab label and tags.
    Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! You've been busy! What a wonderful collection of cards. And I adore the pretty card for Waltzingmouse. The colors are so lovely with that satin ribbon. So classic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Joyce, all of your cards are so PRETTY and I wish I could see that ribbon in real life, too! Such an elegant card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! What a Wonderful Collection of cards Joyce! They are all soo Pretty! Love your Elegant CR84FN creation! Such a PRetty BG and love the banners and Pretty Bow too! So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. OHHHH! You've been super busy! LOVE LOVE LOVE your background stamping on the first card! FUN idea! Great take on this inspiration photo challenge!!! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at Paper Smooches SPARKS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...