Monday, November 5, 2012

Baby Cards and More


I had some fun this weekend, playing with my new Background Basics:  Striped Sweater set. I made a few baby cards, inspired by this card posted by Erin Lincoln during the release week.



I really liked how it turned out, and decided to make two more--one for a girl, and one that could go either way.





Here they all are, together.  I will be very prepared for any sort of baby that arrives.



One of my mother-in-laws loves to knit, and she makes a lot of gifts.  I had an idea to surprise her with some tags that she could use with her knitted gifts.  I m sending them to her today, and I hope she likes them.


Here is the front--the bottom says 'handmade is best' from Button Boutique.


Here is the back.  I used two images from 2012 Holiday Tags.



I made 10 all together.  I put a button on top of each tag--it was a good way to use up some of my larger buttons, that I always think are too big to put on a card.



Supplies Used (PTI):
Baby Cards
Stamps:  Background Basics Striped Sweater, Mixed Messages (Baby, Bundle of Love), Little Bitty Bird (sweet), Tag It's (Star), Heart 2 Heart (Heart)
Paper:  White, Spring Rain, Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist
Ink:  Harvest Gold, Spring Rain, Aqua Mist, Memento Angel Pink, Hibiscus Burst, Enchanted Evening, Hawaiian Shores
Other:  Star & Heart Border Dies, Tiny Tags Die, Twine from The Twinery

Tags
Stamps:  Background Basics Striped Sweater, Button Boutique, 2012 Holiday Tags
Paper, Ink, Ribbon, Buttons--various PTI colors, Embroidery Floss


Thanks for Visiting

10 comments :

  1. You've been very busy Joyce! You know I love to make multiples myself so I just adore all these projects & you've certainly made good use of that one set! Gorgeous :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Joyce, you have really rocked it with that stamp set. All of your cards and tags are just fantastic. You did good in your craft room yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce these are just amazing! Such a nice idea and I know your MIl will love having these beautiful tags on hand. You crack me up , at first I thought when you said you were hot from all the knitting I thought you meant you were knitting, Not stamping. Your cards are gorgeous and such a creative way to use the stamps. Glad you are having so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce these are just fabulous!! Love the arrangement of the knitted blocks on the baby cards and the heart and star borders are just perfect as are the little round tags hanging on the twine. Love the tags for your MIL too. Love the knitted squares off the sides. The sentiment is perfect for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joyce! Oh my gosh those baby cards are perfection! I need to make one for our friends and you just gave me the motivation I need!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You've been busy! The cards and tags are all beautiful!- Irma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyce what a seriously creative way of using the knitted background! I love all the colors you chose to make your patterns and then all the tags? Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, that background stamp is too much fun!! I love how you blocked it on the cards. And the tags are great, love the big buttons you used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you are a busy lady - 3 cards and tags too! Love the color combinations of the little quilts - a beautiful keepsake for baby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh, my favorite sweater stamp!! And how perfect are your tags for someone who makes knitted gifts?!? I'm sure she loved them! Great set of cards, Joyce.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...