Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Jeanne



We are having a surprise blog hop in honor of sweet Jeanne's birthday.  Or unbirthday.  She is a very secretive gal about her birthday, but a little birdie tells me that it is sometime in November.  Jeanne once told me that she is more likely to celebrate an unbirthday, rather than a birthday.  So, here's to you, Jeanne--and the 364 days of the year when it is not your birthday.

Now, if you know Jeanne, you know that she is all about the ribbon and the bows.  So, for Jeanne's card, I broke out some of my super, too special to use, hoarded forever ribbon--a bit of hand dyed silk ribbon I got a while back on a trip to San Francisco.

My card design is based on Jeanne's awesome sketch, which is the current challenge this week at Waltzingmouse, where Jeanne 'works' as a Mischief Maker.    Here is her sketch:




And here is Jeanne's birthday blog hop card:




Happy Birthday Jeanne!


Here is a list of all the members of Jeanne's Surprise Birthday Blog Hop:



Joyce 
Anya 


Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Eat Cake, Picnic Patterns
Paper:  PTI White
Ink:  Memento Angel Pink, PTI Hibiscus Burst
Other:  Super special ribbon, PTI Picnic IP


Thanks for Visiting

11 comments :

  1. OOOH sooooo pretty! Love the colors. The picnic impression and the bottom pattern is darling on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the embossed background, the gorgeous bow and, of course, the cake! Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card. I'm sure, she will be thrilled.-Irma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bow and perfect pink flowered cake Joyce. Such a nice card and thoughtful way to wish Jeanne a happy Unbirthday! That is beautiful ribbon and tied perfectly. Jeanne will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Joyce, that cake is so beautifully pink! I also love that sweet sentiment. Great card for the sketch and a fabulous unbirthday card for Jeanne!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Joyce!
    I love that ribbon...
    it's so Jeanne!! :)
    And so perfect with that yummy cake!*giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyce what a sweet idea to use Jeanne’s sketch for her birthday card. I must say it is a true “Jeanne” beauty. I love the set you used and the beautiful bow you tied. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeek! I'm late for my own party! I feel very much like the rabbit in Alice in Wonderland! Wow wow wow Joyce! See now I know you've got me all figured out - a scrumptions pink WM cake and that super gorgeous bow! Thank you so much! I love the stamping on the embossing or is it embossing on the stamping - either way it is fabulous! Big Hugs Joyce and THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect tribute to Jeanne! I love the ribbon and that cake looks good enough to eat!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely loved this Joyce! so fresh! and I love the stamping over the embossing! Many thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...