Saturday, August 1, 2015

Two Trees and a Bowl of Apples



I made two cards for this week's Time Out #36 CASE Alice, where the challenge is to CASE this card with a twist.  I thought this card was so adorable.  It reminded me that I haven't used kraft for a really long time.  I was also inspired by her colors and the placement of her image in a corner and sentiment more centered.



I knew I wanted to use my new SSS One With Nature stamps, but could not decide between two different ideas for the twist, so I tried them both.

For my first card, I heat embossed my images in white and then colored with Prismacolor pencils. I've been so smitten with all my new coloring toys that it has been a long time since I pulled out the Prismacolor pencils.  I love how vibrant they are, even on a kraft background.



For my second card, I stamped the same images in the same place (thank you MISTI), and then added color with ghost stamping--first in white and then using two different green inks.


Honestly, I do not know which card I like better.  Good think I don't have to choose.



My third card today uses the Texture Kissing technique from this week's Make it Monday #219.  My colors are from this week's ColourQ #301.  I used the solid bowl image from Bowl of Sunshine and kissed it with Background Basics Tin Type.  I made the plaid paper using Plaid Builders stamps.





I am also entering all of these cards at Simon Says Wednesday Anything Goes.



Thanks for Visiting


19 comments :

  1. Joyce, all three cards are amazing. I love the first one with white embossing, he colour combo you created is just so perfect for this caseing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love your Time Out Cards. Fabulous way to rock the kraft cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you've used these colors. Great cards! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of your tree cards - I don't think I could pick a favourite either. And that plaid you made is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each one is a charm, Joyce... my hand is up for the very first card ... I am so curious about those Prismacolor-ed pencils! I woke up this morning with an idea for Time Out ... isn't that strange?
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Joyce, your kraft cards are stunning ... the colours are rich, vibrant and gorgeous ... if I had to chose, I would lean towards the first, it's so delicious! This set is so in my wish book ... keeps going out of stock! Your plaid 'table cloth' beneath those rosy red apples is fantastic ... so precise! Always fabulous to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, these are all fabulous, Joyce! I love those leaves & how you used them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them all, Joyce. Happy we don't have to choose a fave here. ;-) Need to pull out my Kraft card stock~always the the color combos you can create for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SUper cool cards, Joyce - I really liked the bowl of apples one - that plaid just makes that card ROCK!! Your two trees cards, both of them are excellently done - the one you colored in is probably my fave of the two and that is just because your coloring is so incredibly good!! You always make super awesome cards and I always get such a kick out of being able to come and visit you!! Hope you are having an EXCELLENT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like how the white embossing looks on the kraft and how the colour pencils make these colours so hot! Great plaid build up and yummy looking fruit. Thanks for joining TO x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these are such a great take on the challenges Joyce - the white embossing on the kraft really makes it pop and the plaid is just gorgeous on the second. Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love your cute tree, Joyce!!!! The colours on the first one is so lovely and I really like the kraft base with the white embossing. The sentiment is lovely!!!! Love how you've done the stamping of the tree on the second one!!!
    I love your very neat plaid stamping on the third card and that bowl of apples is really sweet - and the sentiment is sweet, too!!!!
    Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. loving all your cards :) especially the ones with kraft cardstock! i love me some kraft :) thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my superb! The colors on the trees are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all so fabulous, Joyce! You did an awesome job with the kraft designs--those colors look so great. Love those mod trees!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply fabulous Joyce...just love your incredible plaid too. You inspired me to make a plaid card. Love how it looks with your yummy bowl of apples, and it looks so wonderful in this week's ColourQ colors. Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A stunning collection of cards, love your CASE of Alice's card and how vibrant the colours are on the kraft. Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  18. The leaf cards are so much fun; a set that's on my wish list (in hopes that our dollar will rebound so prices will be reasonable again!). The ghost stamping is eye-catching, and the vibrant colours of the pencils...oh my! I'll be using my little set on kraft soon, after seeing your results! The bowl of apples: definitely sweet!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...