Monday, August 31, 2015

Happy Little Stamper September Sketch Challenge



It is time for a new challenge at Happy Little Stampers Sketch Challenge.  Here is the sketch we have for you this month:


I went in a totally new different direction for me with this sketch--no stamps!  While I was thinking about this sketch, I saw a couple of videos on the Daily Marker blog.  My head was spinning with ideas for lines and eyelashes.  Without looking at the sketch a second time, I started drawing lines and coloring shapes with my Copic markers.

I drew all the vertical lines first, varying the space between lines.  Then I drew horizontal lines connecting the vertical lines at random intervals.  After all the lines were drawn, I started coloring, just eyeballing where the colors should go.  The only rule I tried to follow was that adjacent spaces should not have the same color.  After all my coloring was done, I drew in the tiny eyelash lines.




This is the first card I made using Kathy's line techniques as inspiration, but it is the second card I have posted.  Please click here to see the second card I made using this technique and posted a few weeks ago.

Please visit the Happy Little Stampers Sketch Challenge blog for more ideas and inspiration for this sketch.  I hope you will play along.  You have the entire month of September.


Thanks for Visiting






21 comments :

  1. Wow Joyce! The work you've put in to making this one of a kind card is all worth it. Pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very cool and creative Joyce! Way to go at making a hand-drawn card. It's so fun and happy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joyce!
    Wow! Your coloring is very nice!
    It looks very artistic!!!
    Awesome!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your unconventional salute to Mondrian, Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the quilt-look of your card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the sketch! Love all that colours! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  7. needs to be framed- fab artwork Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are so creative! What an amazing card. I LOVE that you drew it yourself and unlike me didn't find the need to use a ruler :) Great job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is eye-poppingly brilliant, Joyce. I love it! Have you seen the challenge at Virginia's View? I think you could definitely play it over there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is a lot of work on a very creative card. Congrats on being on the design team.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your artistic take on the challenge, Joyce! Fabulous coloring with your Copics, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great technique that I'd never seen before! Love these colors and the other card you did using this technique too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic take on the sketch! Love your design and the wonderful bold colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this.... I saw the daily marker POP up challenge.. I recognized this in your card right away... such an amazing job. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joyce....LOVE your card! So clever and your are so stinkin' talented...what a fabulous skill you have possess. Your coloring is just perfect, simply love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Joyce ... this is just stunning ... cool, creative, clever ... so fantastic!! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome- you are so brave! No stamps!! Love it and I love your get well card with the same technique. Kinda an easy zentangle thingy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks wonderful, Joyce!!!! Loving all the lovely colours you've worked with an the clever and perfect way you did your lines and colouring!!! Must have taken you some time to do, but it was worth all the effort!!!! Really eye-catching and lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW and then WOW some more - I am so impressed and love how you did this - I tried and mine ended up in the trash!! So glad to see you create such beauty with this technique!!! What a perfect fit for this challenge too!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your bold, colourful card, complete with eyelash lines, is wonderfully eye-catching! I imagine that you were completely 'in the zone' as you coloured, enjoying the process every step of the way! The impact: WOW!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...