Tuesday, August 25, 2015

CASology Week 161: Plaid






Hello and happy Tuesday.  It's time for another challenge at CASology.  Our cue word this week is PLAID.  I love plaid on cards.  (On clothes, not so much)  I broke out my PTI plaid builders set and several WPlus9 ink pads and stamped a plaid pattern on a piece of card stock 4 1/4 by 5 1/2.  Then, I had to decide what to do with my plaid panel.

One rule of CAS design is to try to keep your stamped images to 1/3 of the card.  In my opinion, texture, dimension and small embellishments can go a long way towards adding interest to the 2/3 of the card left white--without making it too busy or detracting from the main image.  I decided to use a piece of my plaid stamped piece as a border and impressed my top panel with a plaid impression plate.






Now, it's your turn.  How are you inspired by PLAID?  I hope you play along this week. Please remember to keep it Clean and Simple.

Head on over to the CASology blog and gather some inspiration from the design team.





23 comments :

  1. Congrats for joining the colour q team Joyce!
    Love the plaid in colour and in embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the lines of the coloured plaid follow the lines of the embossed plaid. Very good design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The plaid and the embossed plaid is perfection my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. colourQ DT? wow congrats to you Joyce!!!!!!!!! Love this plaid get well card! Off to check out your news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow !
    It so pretty plaid design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your plaid stamping is perfect - love the colours and the way the pattern works seamlessly with the white embossed panel. Great plaid inspiration, Joyce :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The embossed panel goes so well with your stamped plaid. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love how you used your plaid design on the impression plate as well as the great color combo on your plaid border! Awesome card, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Joyce it's fabulous! Another new-to-me embossing tool! I like plaid... especially Madres - but I'm dating myself - that's okay...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joyce this is so imaginative. Just great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the embossing with your pretty stamped plaid Joyce, this is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love plaid and you've done an fantastic job with this week's cue word! Combining the embossing with the stamped design was a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is phenomenal - I love plaid and this card uses it wonderfully!! The texture on this card is just so yummy and awesome!! Love the carrying of the plaid them throughout the WHOLE card!! Just so striking and very impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Crisp and graphic, Joyce ... love how the plaid impression mimics your awesome stamping! Gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool design! The lines in the embossed panel and in the stamped part are perfectly aligned!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Joyce, you can probably guess all the reasons I ADORE this card! The plaid bottom section...the dry emossed white space...the lovely colors and sentiment! LOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you marry your dry embossing with your focal image! It's always spot on and interesting! This is no exception. I was not much of a plaid person, but this week's card inspiration has given me a newfound appreciation of it! Absolutely love what I've seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Joyce!! I love how you have a embossed plaid pattern and the pattern paper. They look great together. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Joyce....your plaid is amazing! I love those fabulous colors and I love that your white space is embossed to look like plaid too. Just so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Embossed and inked: your plaids have me smiling! Such a pretty effect with the two styles...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...