Thursday, August 28, 2014

MUSE #82



Hi there.  I have a quick post today to share a card I made for this week's MUSE #82 challenge.  The inspiration this week is provided by Bobby from Bits and Pieces, and you can click over to her blog to see all the details about how she made her gorgeous card.  



I was inspired by the swirls and the color gradations I saw in those swirls.  Bobby tried to encourage us not to be afraid of our embossing paste, but I have to admit that I am still too afraid to open my jar up.  I immediately thought of PTI Fancy Flourishes when I saw Bobby's card, so that is what I went with.



I stamped lots of flourishes on my card using Versamark ink, and then heat embossed in clear.  I randomly sponged a couple of different blue and green Distress inks over it all--inspired by Bobby's color gradations in her swirls.  I also went with a sentiment on a popped up circle.


That's it for now.  I spent some time this week with Kim and Marybeth, and will come back later or tomorrow with a post showing everything we made together and hopefully a picture of the three of us.


Thanks for Visiting
 

26 comments :

  1. I thought of fancy flourishes too.. ...should we play name that PTI set? Love the soft color palette. Beautiful take on Bobby's card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your interpretation of the card. Wonderful colours. Love the total look, brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You already know how much I love your card! Gorgeous and even more in person! Thanks again for all the fun yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you placed the flourishes on your card, Joyce. They truly follow my stencil design. The colored background is wonderful, too. But do please give embossing paste a try. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You turned out a gorgeous card <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty water-colored background Joyce and I love the flourishes!! PRETTY card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous background - love the fresh colours! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your background! The flourishes are wonderful and the colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyce...what an amazing card but you already know how much I loved it. Those stamps are just beautiful, elegant swirls and what a wonderful take on Bobby's card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty flourishes! I love the mix of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your distress inked background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your pretty card and the flourishes look great! Once you open your embossing paste you will be so addicted LOL xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such gorgeous colours, Joyce ... the flourishes are so beautifully crisp and delicious against them! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous take on the Muse card - your background is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so amazing and beautiful!! Love the flourishes in the background and how you added color - Stupendously done!! What a great stamper you are and what an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the "swirliness" of your card! And your beautiful blog was a welcome surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my this is stunning, it so looks like a winner to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this, Joyce! Beautiful flourishes & colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous Joyce! Just starting to get into Distress inks...a little scary for me since its not my usual style. But this card is quite inspiring my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on your HM, Joyce. It truly is a winning card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like your take on Bobby's card, the swirls and the changing colors make for a great card with wonderful motion.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...