Tuesday, August 12, 2014

CASology Week 108: Magic




Happy Tuesday.  It's time for a new challenge at CASology.  Our cue word this week is MAGIC.  I think this is a very fun cue word, and subject to many different interpretations.  I thought back to the first time I was exposed to card making--I was at Paper Source, and I saw a demo of heat embossing. That was magic to me, and I still think it is a bit magical every time I do it.  I like to watch the image change as it is exposed to the heat source...slowly at first, and then all at once.  




My card this week incorporates the magic of heat embossing along with another technique that I think is a bit magical--emboss resist.  I stamped my sentiment in Versamark ink and heat embossed with clear.  Then, I used my Inktense Water Color Pencils to water color over my embossed sentiment.  The embossed sentiment resists the water color, and my sentiment magically appeared.  Also, I think that those water color pencils are pretty magical themselves.

Now, it is your turn.  What do you think of when you see the word MAGIC?  Have some fun with the cue word MAGIC, and then please link up your creation on the CASology blog by Monday at noon (CST). 

Check out the beautiful designs from the CASology Design Team members and see how they were inspired by MAGIC.  

Don't forget to keep your card Clean and Simple.


 Thanks for Visiting

18 comments :

  1. LOVE those colours! What a happy Birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree more how you think about heat embossing technique. It's a total magic to me too. Love to see this week's cue word lead you to heat embossed card. Just one word for your card! Magical! Well done, Joyce! May

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the variation of the 'invisible ink' idea Melissa had! Great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, magic heat embossing, Joyce ... and such a wonderful watercolour wash over the sentiment (which I love, one just like it came to live with me very recently!) Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your magical card Joyce, using emboss resist is both fantastic and magicl!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever take on the word "magic." Love your choice of colors. It may take me all week to come up with an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Joyce. I love your background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyce, ALL of your cards are magical!!!! Love this too!!! And I love watching the embossing powder melt as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heat embossing IS magic, isn't it?!!! Like you, I love to watch the change (or magic!) happen when heat is applied. Gorgeous card, full of the colors of magic...kind of like those magic hankies the magicians pull out of their sleeves! Wonderful card, Joyce, just love it. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joyce, that is such a clever take...and YES! I agree, the first time I heat embossed (and it worked) it WAS magical! I still get a little thrill each time I do it...so fun to watch! Your card is quite colorful and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors! What a great idea to illustrate the magic of embossing! I remember how amazed I was the first time I saw a demonstration. It's still a fun part of stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you interpreted the word magic Joyce...I know exactly what you mean. The first time I saw what a cuttlebug did with an embossing folder...I thought I would use one on every single card! It was magic...love the bright colors and those perfectly placed sequins. Really nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...this is magic and so fun too. I love your bright colors, such a fun way to say happy birthday. You are amazing and all your cards are magical in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so agree with you on the magical part of embossing. I saw a video and was like... WOW! I need this stuff, though I bought it quite sometime after and now use it all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous and magical!! You did an amazing job with this and your sequins are added perfection!! Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so right! Heat embossing is such a magical process, and using the clear one is downright awesome! Love your choice of colours for the magical reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your magical 'reveal' with the heat embossing! Awesome colour choice too. Apologies if you get this post twice. Not sure if my last comment saved. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love, love, love, love, love!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...