Saturday, August 9, 2014

Three cards to Start the Weekend and A Great Honor







Hello and happy Saturday.  I am finally getting a chance to post some cards I made over the last day or so.  My first card is for this week's Addicted to CAS challenge where the code word is GOLD.  I must say that I am extra excited to be playing in this particular challenge because I learned that I have been inducted into their Wall of Fame.  Wow--what a great surprise.


I was inspired by the sketch at this week's Seize the Sketch STS#26.  I really wanted to use Mehndi Medallion in Brilliance Galaxy Gold.  The scale was off when I tried my design as a one layer card, so I made my focal point on a smaller scale, and popped it up on my card front.  I hope this still qualifies as using the sketch.  A trio of shiny gold sequins finishes off the card.  I am also entering this card at Simon Says Wednesday Make it Sparkle.


I have entered at Seize the Birthday a couple of times already this week, but I am finally entering with the weekly toppings option--Monochromatic Yellow.  I've had paint on the brain this week, as we are re-doing my daughter's room, so I grabbed a yellow paint swatch for my card.



Last up is one more card for this week's Make it Monday challenge for creative card borders.  I used Mat Stack 4 and Modern Wood Mats along with some die cut wine glasses from Paper Smooches.


Here is what it looks like open:



I am very excited because my older daughter is coming home late tonight.  She has been in Rhode Island all summer studying art.  It's the longest and furthest away she has ever been alone, and I would have to admit that she handled it better than I have.  I am so very excited that she will be back home before long.  I think I will try to make a few cards while I am waiting for her.  That always makes the time pass so quickly.

Thanks for Visiting

28 comments :

  1. Gorgeous cards! Love that gold medallion! And how brilliant to use a paint swatch! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always amaze me with the number of cards you make in a day. I am lucky if I get one made. They are all beautiful. Love the latest MIM card. Love how you used a mat stack die. Beautiful bday card with flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell how excited you are to have your daughter back home, Joyce! I know that your missing her is coupled with a great pride that she handled it all so maturely!

    Your cards are pretty as punch for all these challenges! Seeing your gold card for ATCAS just confirms that you deserve your special induction into the Wall of Fame!! Congratulations, again! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are FABulous Joyce!! Congrats on your wall of fame honor, so HAPPY for you!! Love them all but the first is CAS perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three great cards Joyce! Love your shiny Mehndi Medallion and congrats on the greta honor! ;) The yellow paint swatch is so fun, is Sarah going yellow?? How creative to use the Mat Stacks as a border! Lpove them all my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all so fabulous. Congrats on the wall of fame honor. And how fun that your daughter is coming back home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you've been busy! All of your cards are gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of the cards are beautiful! Congratulations on being inducted into the Wall of Fame.....so exciting! Thanks for joining us this week at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful collection of cards! Thanks for joining along with Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three wonderful cards, Joyce! Congrats on your honored spot on the Wall of Fame and enjoy your daughter's home coming~how great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on so many great cards. The Seize the Sketch card would make a great holiday card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards, Joyce! And congrats on your Wall of Fame recognition. I'm sure today as been a wonderful one with your daughter home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the gold medallion card. Congrats on the honor. Enjoy having your daughter home again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Card with Mehendi Medallion from the fairy tale. Magically! )))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards! And congratulations on the wall of fame honor!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on being inducted to the Wall of Fame at ATCAS, Joyce! What a great trio of cards ... I particularly love the paint swatch sunflowers ... so bright and happy! That would probably describe you too when your daughter arrived home ... hope you had a great return-home-celebration! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards all so very different, the first so elegant, the sunflowers fun and casual, and the wine so sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you are enjoying having your daughter home! The Wall of Fame thing is a big deal - So very excited for you!! These three cards are very well matched to their challenges and all three exquisitely done!! Love them all!! Way to be so awesome and creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay...your daughter is coming home! Congratulations on being on the Wall Of Fame!!!!!! How fun is that! Love that elegant congrats card...really beautiful Joyce. Love the sunflowers too! This summer study ....gets you ready for when she leaves for college

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for joining us at Seize The Sketch.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on your Wall of Fame honors! Well deserved! And I love your Mehndi card...gorgeous. Love how you did the panel color on color which makes the gold pop. Reminds me how much I love that set and that I need to bust it out again (and put away Ombre Builders....)!

    ReplyDelete
  22. loving all three cards! congrats on the wall of fame :) thank you for playing along with simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats to you and so well deserved too. I love your cards and your first one is stunning with all the beautiful gold, what a wonderful way to use that stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your cards are such a beauty, I really like how u bring so much of variety in one post :) The gold doily is stunning ! thank you for sharing with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  25. All of these are beautiful, so glad I saw you at Sieze the Sketch! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on being inducted into the wall of fame...how exciting is that?! Love the variety of your cards, and I'm super excited that your daughter is now home. I've thought of her often since you mentioned her in your email. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Joyce, that medallion card is BEAUTIFUL. I love the elegant simplicity of it. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize The Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great set of cards. That medallion card is quite striking.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...