Friday, June 1, 2012

Thank You Cards



I've got a couple of Thank You cards I made to accompany some year end gifts I'll be whipping up this weekend.  See this post.  I loved this week's colors, which I interpreted as Spring Rain, Enchanted Evening, Scarlet Jewel, and Kraft.  I was inspired by this card by Deanna--I loved the look of stripes with a sentiment masked in the midst of the stripes.  I just started playing around, and this is what I came up with.

This first card uses Background Basics Retro, one of my favorite PTI background sets.

 

The next two cards use the chevron stamp from Waltzingmouse Off Beat Backgrounds.  This is the first time I have used that Chevron stamp, and I love two things about it--first, it is as wide as the long side of a card, and second, it has a bunch of chevrons attached on the same stamp, so there is less to worry about with spacing.





All the sentiments on these cards are from Paper Smooches.





Thanks for Visiting

13 comments :

  1. Cool, funky cards!! Love the patterns you used. Thanks so much for sharing these with us at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great set Joyce! Such a versatile design!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabby set of cards!!
    Of course I'm partial to the chevrons...;)
    but they are all so great and versatile!
    Love how that strip is masked for the sentiments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are fabulous!!! I love both the stripes and the chevrons. I like how you used your stamps to make the background look amazing...and then not much else is needed for your card. So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All fantastic thank you cards Joyce. I love the backgrounds you created. I am not familiar with Background Basics Retro but I really like the result. Paper Smooches is on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joyce!! Oh my gosh these are fabulous. You did an amazing job with this technique. Love them all. And thanks for the shout out too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Paper smooches sentiments go so well with the bold patterns, great set of cards Joyce :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyce, all of these are just so much fun...great way to use all of the colors, so clever. My favorite is the one first one, love those straight lines, so classy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so fun!! Such cheerful cards. :) They're all awesome but I think the second one is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun cards, Joyce! So glad you could join in the fun this week creating 3 cards with the ColourQ colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT cards Joyce... I LOVE that fun idea with the sentiment!! Will have to try that!! I made a birthday card last night with the sentiment in white... BUT I cheated.. used a white CS strip! HA! :)
    Have a GREAT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super fun cards...great way to incorporation those colors and they make a great masculine card! So glad you were able to play with the CQC colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful CAS card set! Thanks for playing at ColourQ this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...