Sunday, June 3, 2012

Make it Monday and Retro Sketches


I made one more pocket card for this week's Make it Monday MIM68:  Pocket Cards, and then I almost forgot to post it.  Good thing I remembered--you never know which card will be a random winner, right?  I really wanted to use Flipping Out with the Aloha stamp set.  I did some background stamping with the Hibiscus flower from that set.  After I made this card, I saw what Marybeth did here, and I want to try that, too.



Relax






I have had so much crafting time this weekend.  It is a typical gloomy June weekend at our house, with coastal fog until late afternoons, and my daughter has been studying hard for her first set of high school finals.  She's been studying in my office, which means I can keep her company and craft at the same time--win--win.  Later we will be going to a swim party about 1 mile inland, where is is sure to be warm and sunny.  I clearly have summer on the brain.

I made this card for this week's Retro Sketches RS#14.  This is the first time I have ever rotated a sketch, and I hope I did it right.  I thought flip flops and ice cream went together perfectly.

Birthday



Supplies Used (PTI):
Relax
Stamps:  Flipping Out, Aloha
Paper:  Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Aqua Mist
Other:  Edger Die, Flipping Out Die, Rinestone, Stickles
Ink:  Berry Sorbet, Aqua Mist

Birthday
Stamps:  Flipping Out, Sweet as Can Be, Verve Big Wish
Paper:  White, Kraft, Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst
Other:  Sweet as Can Be Die, SU Lattice Embossing Folder
Ink:  Summer Sunrise, Simply Chartreuse, Hibiscus Burst, Versacolor Opera Pink, VersaMark


Thanks for Visiting

21 comments :

  1. They're both fantastic!
    Love the hibiscus with the flippies...
    and the colors are fabby!
    And what a fun take on the sketch...
    ice cream...
    flippies...
    says Summer to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how those flip flops look partially off of the page

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great car Joyce, love them both but the first is my favourite! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog to leave some love and wish me luck, it really means a lot to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG my comments are full of typos today - I meant great *cards, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great minds do think alike Joyce! Great cards! I was going to use my flipping out dies but decided to go with something older. Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are those cute flip flops again. Really great card and love the colors....

    ReplyDelete
  7. These flip flop dies and stamps are so cute. I especially love the combination of ice cream and flips!! It just sums up a great summer day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you flipped the sketch! Fabulous job! Flip flops and ice-cream go hand in hand ;)

    Your pocket card is awesome! I love Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist and Berry Sorbet together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic pocket card and I love your flip flop card for Retro Sketches...I think you did perfect "flipping" it on its side!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are rocking the pocket cards Joyce. Aren't those flip flops the bomb? How perfect to pair the ice cream cone with the flip flops. I need to CASE that idea. I have never used my Sweet As Can Be stamp and die--shame on me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love what you've done with the flip flops! The hibiscus looks so pretty and I adore the ice cream & flip flops! It just shouts 'SUMMER"!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ice cream and flip flops, what a wonderful combination, perfect for summer! Love your pocket card too, paired with the Aloha set is so clever, makes me want to get that set now and that will be your fault, right? Both are so too much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really, really like those hibiscus flowers on your pocket card Joyce. That and the flip flops go so well together. I haven't seen those ice cream cones in a while...they really go together with the flip-flops, you thought of something none of the DT thought of! Very creative of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love what you did with the flip flop stamp. I love how you paired them with the ice cream cone! Bring on the summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The flip flops are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are both great, Joyce! I love how you've used the Flip Flop set!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't really think I wanted the flip flops before, but everyone is using them and I am so jealous! I really like both cards...and yes you flipped the sketch just right! And the ice cream is the perfect thing to go with the flip flops :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two wonderful summer themed cards, those flip flops are so sweet! I love the hibiscus stamping, and the fab sketch for your second card, a great design.
    Good luck for your daughter's finals.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely can't beat flip flops and ice cream and I like how you stamped the flops off the edge on the pocket card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Joyce the flip flops are too cute! I love your cards!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...