Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Make it Monday #70


This week, Erin Lincoln shows us how to make a card with puffed fabric accents in MIM #70.  This is certainly something I had never thought of before.

About a year ago, I discovered a very cool little quilting shop right in my own town.  I bought a bunch of fabrics there to use in my card making, folded them up, and put them in the back of my closet.  Good thing, because I knew just where to go today.  The good thing about having a hoard, I mean stash, is that one is always prepared, right?  I pulled out a piece of batik fabric and got to work.

I am a literal person--this fabric reminded me of a sundress I had many years ago, so I used it with the dress form die, and some Echo Park Splash paper.  This was a pretty fun technique, and a great way to use some of that fabric I've been hoarding.   I hope to have time this week to try it again.

The Fabric

The Card

Supplies Used (PTI):
Paper:  White, Echo Park Splash
Stamps:  Background Basics Newsprint, Flipping Out
Other:  Dress Form, Button Card, In the Meadows dies


Thanks for Visiting

11 comments :

  1. love the patterned papers you chose - and so fun to puffy-fabric the dress-form!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK this is fantastic Joyce. That patterned paper is such an excellent back drop and your puffy dress form is perfect. I can't wait to see what you do on your next one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card Joyce!!! Love the fabric and pattern paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Joyce! I love that starburst background like the sun and the blue waves accross the bottom! I've never worked with fabric like this - looks fantastic! You made it sound easy! I think I would have struggled with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a cute idea...totally reminds me of how I picture Cardiff to look like, all blue and sunshiny! I really like that you used the newsprint background, and very smart to use the dressform for the puffed fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such beautiful fabric...that color is so summery and perfect for the dress form too. Very clever and makes me wish we had a pool to lounge by today. Amazing card Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun idea, to make a card with the material that reminded you of your sundress . I like the card you came up with for this weeks MIM. The sunburst is a great idea .

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome Joyce!! I love the big pop of blue against the orange sun rays. I love how you used the dressform, such a fun card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, Joyce! The sun rays with the water is a fabulous idea and what a fun idea to use the dressform. The batik fabric is perfect, especially since it reminds you of your sundress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the fabric on th dress form - great idea for this technique!
    Joyce - I do go into GeeGee's and most of the other local stores. I tried to patiently wait for the Lily Bee paper tto show up locally, but ended up getting it online (Taylored Expressions).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you used the fabric on the dressform!

    Do you quilt? I've been debating for a while whether I should take on another hobby or not. I don't think my budget could take it. I tend to hoard things too...;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...