Sunday, June 10, 2012

Happy Father's Day


Are you ready for Father's Day?  I am, as of now.  I've got three cards to share today, and one of them uses one of this week's Make it Monday MIM#69 sketches.



I had to take some liberties with the flowers--I used a stamp from Grunge Me instead, and made it into a background, since everything else I tried looked strange.

MIM


I finally broke out my new Chevron Dies for this next card.  I took pieces of Canyon Clay, Enchanted Evening, and Scarlet Jewel card stock and stamped them with the Crackle Background stamp.  Then, I cut then into random width chevrons, and arranged them on my card.  I got the idea to cut letters out of postage stamp die cuts from this card by Kara.

Chevron

Despite my excitement several months back over the Movers and Shakers dies, this is the first time I have used this die set to make a slider card.  It came together pretty easily, thanks to the tutorial here.

Slider




Here is a peek at the inside:



Supplies Used (PTI):
MIM
Stamps:  Alpha Blocks, Grunge Me, Movers and Shakers Sentiments
Paper:  Canyon Clay, White, Kraft, Fine Linen Pattern Pack
Other:  Alpha Blocks Die

Chevron
Stamps:  Half & Half, Movers and Shakers Sentiments, Crackle Background
Paper:  Vintage Cream, Enchanted Evening, Canyon Clay, Scarlet Jewel
Other:  Postage Die, Alphabet Die, Chevron dies

Slider
Stamps:  Movers and Shakers Sentiments, Background Basics Circles, Turning a New Leaf, Clear Dollar Father's Day sentiment
Paper:  Enchanted Evening, Soft Stone, Scarlet Jewel
Other:  Sliders Dies, Limitless Layers Ovals


Thanks for Visiting

15 comments :

  1. All wonderful Father's Day cards Joyce. I love the colours you chose for each card. That slider is awesome and your stamping with the Backgrounds Basics Circles is impeccable. I need to blitz on Father's Day card this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!!! All of your card are fabulous. I love that first one with the chevron dies, those colors are all so awesome together. Then there is the one using the movers and shakers dies, so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color choices and layouts, Joyce! Masculine cards are always a challenge, but you've done them well. Chuckled when I read your statement about the Movers & Shakers excitement ~ just knew I'd never use them so didn't splurge. Have seen some great cards though, and yours is one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! you are really ready for Father's day! The slider card is very cool - and I love the colors in your chevron pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Joyce! I'm so glad you are ready for Father's Day. I've got some more to make. You are always so ahead of the game :) They're going to love these cards! I love these color choices, especially the middle card! Those chevrons look great, and I love how you put the letters on the patterned "stamps." Guys will love the 3rd card since its interactive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, what an awesome collection of cards! I especially love the second one with those postage stamp die cuts--they look fabulous with those chevrons and the colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous set of cards Joyce, I love them all, chevrons are such a versatile pattern, but I do love the fancy pocket fold, what a cool design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love that slider card! It is so creative and I think that Chevron card is one of the prettiest I have seen using that die. I love the colors you chose and the die gives such a crisp, clean cut, it looks like patterned paper with a neat little dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards! I had to have the Movers & Shakers die too, but haven't used it yet (although my zipper does does get used all the time) - you've inspired me to play with it.
    Just have to say I love the background photo for your blog - I'm just a little north of you in Oceanside.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been so busy girlie! Do I have to pick? All great masculine cards... I love the interactive card - my guy is so mechanical he'd be trying to figure out the mechanism and not looking at the card! Great colors and patterns - the chevrons, stripes and cirles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always come up with the goods Joyce and these cards are no exception. I particularly like the chevron card but the slider card is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All three are great Fathers card, love the inside as well. I never bought that die , but I love how you used it on the deep rich card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a total feast for the eyes Joyce!! My favourite is the chevron one, just so funky!!

    Thanks so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog!! I appreciate it s much!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They're all fabulous!! :)
    But I have to say I'm greatly inspired by that mover's and shakers...
    such a great Dad's day card!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...