Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Time Out #193...Thinking About You and Smiling...

 




It's time for a new challenge at Time Out.  We challenge you to make a card inspired by this quote above.  I was inspired by the rose--which I interpreted to be all flowers and the word friend.  I used stamps from our sponsor, CAS-ual Fridays--- Flowery Background and Lovely Greetings (retired) to create my cards.  

I mad two cards this week because I was so in love with this Flowery Background stamp that I couldn't stop myself.

For my first card, I stamped my background, then very quickly went over the flowers with 2 shades of yellow Copic markers.  I didn't do very detailed coloring and shading--just quick brushes.  I stamped and fussy cut my sentiment and then popped it up with foam tape.






On my second card, I stamped the flowers in one of my favorite turquoise inks, then die cut a window to show my sentiment. 




Please head over to Time Out to see more inspiration from our fabulous Guest Designer, Jen Wills, and the Time Out Design Team.  CAS-ual Fridays is our sponsor for this challenge.  Details for the prize are on the Time Out Challenge Blog.


This challenge will run for two weeks.  I hope you will take some Time Out of your busy schedule to play along with us.  



Thanks for Visiting

7 comments :

  1. Two amazing cards! I especially love the one with quick coloring, there's a lot of depth in your shading. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab way to colour. It looks great and I think I will be trying this! And I do love the turquoise card too, lovely colour ink xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous, Joyce, and I especially love how you fussy cut the sentiment on the first card! Thanks for having me as GD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two simply beautiful floral cards, love that background stamp and how you used it. Love the sweet sentiments you paired with this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so gorgeous, Joyce. I love that beautiful floral stamp, and I love the way you added color. The sentiment looks great placed on top of the floral background - a perfect fit. Love the turquoise one as well. @ awesome cards for our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. not sure my comments from earlier went through-so here goes again-love the loose colouring, fab idea and lovely free colour. And I too just love the sequitur, great way to make a quick and stunning card x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such sweet cards! A perfect background stamp and sentiments for the theme. Your fussy-cut sentiment on the first looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...