Sunday, July 4, 2021

Independence Day


Hello, happy July 4th and happy Sunday.  I've got several cards I've been working on the past few days, and thought I'd post them before baking the cookies I will bring to a party later today.

First up is a card that is so appropriate for today, and it will be going to a special friend who will be becoming an American citizen very soon.  I am so excited for her, and hope that it can happen before the next election.  I am entering this card at the following challenges:  Color Hues #21: Red & Blue, Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Red, White and/or Blue, The Paper Players #548: Stars and/or Stripes, and Just Add Ink #541: Just Add a Shaker.






I was inspired by the challenge at Melissa's Fab Friday: Create an Intricate card, to pull out this intricate Winter Floral Cover Plate to make a Christmas card.  Because the die is so intricate, I kept the rest of the card very simple, to end up with a card that is intricate, yet CAS.  I am also entering this card at Addicted to CAS #201: Christmas and CAS Christmas July Challenge: Poinsettia (thanks, Elizabeth).










I used the sketch at Fusion-Summer Dreamin and the PTI Challenge to Create a Floral Happy Birthday Card to create my next card.  I pulled out The Sweet Life stamps, which haven't seen ink in so very long, and it was fun to use something I have had for so long.  I am also entering this card at AAA Birthday #26: Flowers, and Addicted to Stamps and More #408: Birthdays.







I loved the sketch at this week's Freshly Made Sketches #492, and was really stretched trying to make a square card.  I had an older Altenew stamp set out on my desk (Beautiful Day), and one of the images that I had never used really caught my eye, so that is what I started with.  After coloring and fussy cutting those flowers, I adhered them to some die cuts from an older PTI Notebook die, layering a piece of striped vellum over Melon Berry card stock.  I still felt the card needed something, so added some score marks.  I am also entering this card at The Flower Challenge #58: Spots or Stripes, and WWC319: Feminine.





Last up for today is this fun underwater scene, using Avery Elle Underwater Background Builder.  I was inspired by rotating the sketch from AAA Cards #193 and used the optional 'critter' as my fish and seahorse.  I am also entering this card at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes.


 

I am also entering the first four cards in this post at Just Us Girls #591: Script.





Thanks for Visiting

28 comments :

  1. What a fabulous 'Shaker' card! Thankyou for joining in the fun with our JAI 'Shaker' Challenge. D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful cards! Love how you played with our sketch! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Some gorgeous eye candy here, Joyce! I LOVE your card for Color Hues! So FUN!!! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely collection of cards, Joyce and I particularly love the birthday card you sent over to ATSM. The rose cluster is so pretty and the background scoring adds such a lot of design interest!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with that shaker card! I know your friend will love it. I've been helping a woman from Yeman prepare for the citizenship test, so I can appreciate all the work she's done, and your card is a great way to celebrate her accomplishment. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many incredible cards, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyce... what an amazing selection of cards! Love each one of them... thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyce... you should submit your holiday card to CAS Christmas. Keyword is poinsettia this month. https://caschristmascardchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. WoW ! A beautiful array of cards, Joyce ! Love how you ground your bunch of roses over this delicate embossed white panel. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All wonderful cards. I love your shaker, a really great theme for a great celebration. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always inspired by your wonderful cards, Joyce. Four to Just Us Girls must be a record. I'm partial to the shaker card. So festive and patriotic. I'm so glad you joined our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Joyce! Another fabulous group of cards! I love your clean layouts that make me happy in different ways! I'm a sucker for a shaker card and your patriotic colors are perfect for summer! The underwater scene is adorable.. and the flowers are elegant. You've showed off so many styles today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the shaker card, Joyce! Such a great use of our colors and them at Color Hues and TPP. As for the card for your floral birthday card, I just love the way you divided the panels with some light embossing. Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing along at JUGS and Color Hues and The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of your cards are fabulous, Joyce! I especially love that fun shaker card, so perfect to celebrate the 4th of July...or ANY occasion really. The beads and sequins are just so much fun. Thank so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! What a stunning set of cards! I totally love the one with shaker box glass. It's such an awesome and happy card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful selection of cards. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards and AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an awesome shaker for the 4th!! LOVE! Thanks for joining us over at the paper players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that delicate die set. So beautiful. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A fabulous collection of cards Joyce but the patriotic shaker really is stunning and perfect stars for our challenge! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another really fabulous collection of cards, Joyce! I love your shaker on the first one and your choice of lovely stamps and dies on all the other cards...WOW! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas and Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You were busy! Such fun cards! Thanks for playing along with us at AAACards!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've certainly been busy creating this lovely set of cards Joyce!! Your 'Just a Note' card is stunning in the delicate colours and simple but elegant design!! Just delightful! Thanks so much for sharing at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge!! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. So many wonderful and beautiful cards. I love your under the sea card but your first card with the red white and blue is over the top fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You've been busy. What a lovely collection of cards. The Christmas die cut is fabulous and I love how the red sentiment pops off the card. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am far behind in my commenting, but must say... your July 4th card is so crisp and clean, I love how you designed it! A beautiful die for your Christmas card, and such a good idea not to upstage it. I a lways find square cards a challenge too - this one is beautiful! All your cards are gorgeous, as always. And thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another stunning gallery of cards from you Joyce! The Christmas one is stunning in its simplicity. Thank you for joining in with us at Addicted to CAS. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so pretty, I love that stamp, it makes a great filler in floral arrangements. Thanks for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge, sorry I’m so late visiting you. I hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so pretty, love the soft colours. Thanks for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge, sorry I’m so late visiting you. I hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...