Tuesday, July 6, 2021

CASology Week #393...Park





Hello and happy Tuesday. It's time for another challenge at CASology.   This week, our cue word is PARK.

There are so many ways to go with this cue word...I was thinking of all the wonderful and fun things you can do at a park, what you see at a park, and even some of the challenges of parking a car.  But my mind was drawn to the greatest of all parks (in my opinion)--Central Park in New York City.  It also helped that I have this old Mama Elephant Central Park stamp set that was just begging for some ink.

There are so many things on can do at Central Park, but one of the fun things to do as a tourist is to take a horse and buggy ride around the park.  I did that many years ago, when we took our two young girls to New York on vacation.

I used the city skyline stamp to create a very faint, far away looking skyline, and the skyline die to create a closer up skyline.  I fussy cut the horse and buggy to put in the foreground of my scene.





Now it's your turn.  How does PARK inspire you?


As always, remember the following CAS guidelines when creating your design:
  1. One main image
  2. Lots of open space, uncluttered
  3. Limited layers & embellishments
  4. Quick & easy to recreate (Note: It may take a while to create a design you like, but once you have that design, making more should be a piece of cake!)

I hope you play along this week.

Please head on over to the CASology blog and gather some inspiration from our design team.  



Thanks for Visiting



6 comments :

  1. Oh how I would love to do this! I do like how you built up the skyline depth-I must remember this when I use the dies you sent me-I always forget to add a stamp behind but it really does show so much dimension-thanks for the tip xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great scene you've created! This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever take on the cue card, Joyce! I love the softness of your stamping and how you included the die-cut of the skyline to create dimension! Gorgeous horse and buggy, too! Thanks for inspiring me to play along :)


    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhh....so beautiful! On my only trip to New York city riding around Central Park in a horse and buggy, it was so much fun, this brought back great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect for a rode in the park! I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fussy cutting is perfection! And the double stamped/die cut skylines are a perfect background to get that Central Park feel.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...