Friday, February 19, 2021

For the Love of Chocolate

 



Ok, I admit it...'I am a CHOCOHOLIC'.  There, I've said it.  And, it's true.  I also collect chocolate stamps (way less fattening than collecting chocolate, which I tend to eat as I collect).  I've been meaning to pull out my chocolate stamps to play along with Less is More #436: Chocolate, as they celebrate their 10th birthday.  Here I am, squeaking in on the last day (fashionably late is how I prefer to think about it).

First up is this little cutie...and isn't that sentiment just perfect?  Who needs milk, when you have the cookies?  My sentiment is stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa ink.  Yum.  Cookies and sentiment are from A Chocolate Affair by Close to My Heart and are heat embossed in brown, and milk is from Mama Elephant Gingerbread Cookies.

I am also entering this card at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Favorite Technique (fussy cutting)







Next up is another chocolate themed card using more brown heat embossed images and sentiments from A Chocolate Affair.  I am getting hungrier, and I must admit to thinking that this sentiment is 100% true.  I am also entering this card at AAA Cards #183: Corner.






I don't know where this sentiment is from, but it cracks me up every time.  I used a band aid die cut from PTI to create this card.  I think it will be a fun get well card for someone who is not too sick...think stubbed toe or tennis elbow.  To get the effect of a band aid dipped in chocolate, I swiped the end of the die cut in versamark ink and heat embossed that section in brown.  My drips of chocolate are actually rain drops from C9 Brighter Days.






The last of my chocolate cards for today uses a sentiment from MFT Chocolate Sentiments and an image from Technique Tuesday Eat Chocolate.





And, my last card, which has nothing to do with chocolate, and everything to do with this card I saw on my friend Lindsey's blog.  I was inspired by the way Lindsey used this stencil from Stamplorations for the Color Hues #12 challenge, so that what I have done as well.  I followed the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches #473.  I am also entering this card at Just Add Ink #542 based on the coral wall and green leaves in the photo and the Stamplorations Never Ending Anything Goes Challenge. 














That's it for me today.  Off to look for some chocolate!


Thanks for Visiting












19 comments :

  1. A fabulous selection of chocolate themed cards, I might have to give in to my chocolate addiction now. Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More,
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Joyce, that's a lot of chocolate in one post! All fabulous CAS designs with so much white space to swoon at! I had absolutely no chocolate stamps at all in my stash so was stumped where to begin. You on the other hand....clearly love chocolate! :) Thanks so much for sharing all these lovely designs at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your selection of chocolate cards and they are perfect for our challenge over at Less is Moe. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From one chocoholic to another, you're speaking my language here! Wonderful cards, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...so much chocolate! I will never understand the deal is with chocolate but I can see how you love it from all your fabulous and sweet cards. Your first card, those cookies look like they are real!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super collection of chocolate creativity. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your chocolate cards -- the one with the bandaid dipped in chocolate made me laugh. And I loved the gorgeous, muted colors on your floral card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cracking set of cards, with all the chocolate themed ones meeting our colour theme and CAS. Oh, and plain chocolate is good for you - it's keeping the quantity to a square a day that's bad for you :S

    Thanks for playing along in our 10th birthday celebrations over at Less is More.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was all in for the chocolate cards, and what a pleasant surprise to see a card inspired by... me! Your take on it is beautiful. Now back to the chocolate - I too love chocolate (dark, YUM) but I'm not sure I have any stamps! This quartet of cards is delightful, and of course I love the humorous get well one. Glad I inspired you to play at Color Hues! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. great cards for all chocolate lovers, not me! I am a Turkish Delight lover.Adore the last one as the pop of red makes a difference. Amd lovely flower card, was all need flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WHat a great bunch of cards, all of them beautifully CAS, it would be difficult to choose a favourite, but the actual chocolates one looks awesome!
    Chrissie
    Co-creator and Guest Designer ""Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous set of cards! I love the tropical flowers and colours on your thank you card! So pretty! I'm also a chocoholic! I don't share my stash! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the chocolate themed cards and the beautiful stenciled design! It's always a treat to see your designs in the FMS gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm definitely a chocolate addict, but I love even more your fabulous entry for this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge. This stenciled background is absolutely amazing, so soft. The thin black sentiment works so well with it. Thanks for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh your chocolate cards are such fun! And thanks for joining us at FMS with that beautiful floral!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of your cards are fabulous Joyce but I especially love your card based on our inspiration pic. Such a great way to use a stencil. Thanks for joining in with us this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous collection of cards Joyce! I love the contrast in your floral card between the soft pastel tones and that fine black die cut sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect chocolate cards! So fun and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...