Saturday, March 1, 2014

4 Cards for Saturday





We had a fabulously rainy day today (we needed it so badly) and I got to play for a bit in my craft room.  I was inspired by this card by Nicole in the Papertrey March newsletter--I used my Sweet Speech stamps to make a pair of thank you cards my daughter's speech and debate team to sign and give to their coaches.  I hope that they 'get' how clever I was to use speech bubbles on their card (because they are coaches for speech...).  The first card uses this week's colors from ColourQ #230,  and it is going to the female coach.







I used the colors from Colour Me Playful CMCC#9 for the card thanking the male coach.   This is the first time I am playing in this challenge.  I've been trying to get to it, but this is the first time I have not missed the deadline.  I substituted little die cut stars for the flowers in the speech bubbles, and then coated all the stars with Glossy Accents.









My next card uses the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch CTS#66 and the colors from Dynamic Duos DD#92.  I have been meaning to break out my new Circle Scribbles stamps.  I used the backs of the stamps in HA Pale Tomato and PTI Enchanted Evening to stamp over the black scribbles.  I added kraft as an additional neutral--it just seemed to look better to me that way, and I impressed the stamped panel with the Burlap Impression Plate.  




I have to show a close up of that sentiment, from Neat & Tangled Across the Card--it was my first time using Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black, and I am in love with that ink--incredible coverage on that solid image.  I read on some blogs that the ink takes a while to dry, and I am not a patient crafter, so I heat set it for a moment, and had no problems with smudging.







I stamped a quarter sheet of card stock with that pattern and wanted to do something with the leftover piece.  I made a second card, using a sentiment from Doodlie Do, and am entering that card at Simply Create Too #56 where their challenge is to Shop in Your Stash.





Thanks for Visiting

32 comments :

  1. It's always a treat to visit ur blog and see ur bright n lively creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce...I love them all! So fun to have so many thank you cards ready to go for your girls to use, you are just the best mom ever! I am drooling over your circles and scribbles cards...so fun and your choice of colors so bright and vivid, I love them. I will be pinning them to save for another day. Looks like you had a fabulous and fun crafty day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were busy Joyce, what a lovely collection of card today! I need to break out my new PTI now that you have shown me what to do with them. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY Pretty!!! Love all of them Joyce!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fabulous cards Joyce. I love the speech bubbles and hour scribbled circles cards are perfect. And I can't get over how clear that sentiment is stamped in that black ink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done Joyce! Love what you did with the diagonal plate - giving me ideas for using mine. And your circle scribbles card is AMAZING. Gorgeous looking flowers and perfect for that color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome cards!! love the colors and designs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to rock all your new goodies...these are all fabulous Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Joyce, all these cards are wonderful! I love what you created using the Dynamic Duos color combo! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic job with the scribbles! And thanks for the introduction to Neat & Tangled's Across the card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great cards - particularly love the circle scribbles backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic cards. We didn't have any rain yesterday, but had lots of rain during the last part of the week, badly needed, here in Northern California. Glad you were able to make use of your rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you were able to make good use of your rainy day. Fantastic cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joyce...me again. I love your circles and scribbles cards, they are amazing! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all wonderful! Your colors, designs, beauties all! We got some much needed rain too, with a vengeance. Power outages and all, but glad for every drop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards. I especially love the ones with the coverplate. You are a super mom to make those for your daughter. We are having your rain today as freezing rain turning to snow. I spent the time cleaning my room instead of crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The first two cards look great and really show how versatile your supplies can be. Love the last one with the beautiful flowers, too! Great work! So glad you're playing along this week at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Alll so pretty, Joyce. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think we'll be seeing a lot of Scribble cards for a while. Your look is so much different than mine and I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Joyce. I love all of your cards. Great job with the speech bubble cards. It's amazing how the same card can look so different when the color palate is different. I am in love with your circles and scribbles creations. FABULOUS. Such simple but very bold and effective design. So glad you have had some rain out there. I know you need so much more. Wish I could send some of our precipitation your way. Expecting another big snow tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Joyce: Your cards are all beautiful!! the Thank You card is my fav--your colors are delightful. Glad you joined our "Use Your Stash Challenge #56" and hope you enter in all our Simply Create Too upcoming challenges also.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. All of these are great, Joyce. I am now convinced I need that Circle Scribbles stamp. I wasn't diggin' it when it was first shown but the way you have used it here and how others have used it, I think I will add it to my next order. :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such fabulous cards! Love them all. I love the diagonal stripes and the little red stars. Great accents! Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Me...! this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful thank you cards, Joyce! You are so sweet to provide those special little things for your daughter. Love the colors & designs using the Circle Scribbles! I wasn't sure how much I would use them so it's fun to see your great samples.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are one busy crafting bee!! These are fabulous Joyce. I always love visiting, you never fail to inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, what a super cool card creation! definitely a bright and cheery card! Thanks for joining Dynamic Duos this week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, those speech bubble cards are brilliant, Joyce ... and so clever for their intended recipients! Love both those circle scribbles cards ... the bold colours are fabulous against the crisp white! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks like you had a productive craft day Joyce! I'm seeing that die cut plate everywhere and I love it - all these cards look so gorgeous...love the speech card - such a clever idea for a debating coach!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your first card is lovely, Joyce, I love what you did with the colors! So glad that you played with us at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous cards one and all, Joyce! You have me longing for my PTI parcel that hopefully will make its way into my hands soon.....

    ReplyDelete
  31. What fun cards! I love those big, bold flowers! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Those scribble circle cards are so awesome! They just really speak to me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...