Thursday, March 6, 2014

My Crafty Week--So Far




Hello there and happy Thursday.  I've been sneaking in bits of crafting time all week, and I thought I'd better get my stuff posted and linked before the challenges end. 

First up is a card for this week's Paper Smooches Anything Goes challenge.  I used Bitty Bungalows stamps and dies, Bitty Dot paper, a sentiment from Love Lives Here and a stitched landscape die from Mama Elephant.  This card will be going to a good friend who is moving into a new house tomorrow.







Next up is a card for this week's CAS-UAL Fridays CFC129 challenge to use 2 shades of grey.  I went back to an older card of Pamela's that I have cased before.  My greys are PTI Smokey Shadow and SU Basic Grey.  50 is cut out of Tropical Turquoise, PTI's newest gorgeous color.   My sister and her husband are both turning 50 this spring, so one of them will get this card.  I used some MME dots I've had for ages, so I am also linking this card at Simply Create Too #56, where the challenge is to shop in your stash.





My next card is for this week's Make it Monday #154, which is all about one layer cards.  I layered stamps from Beautiful Butterflies in Orange Zest (my gallon), Limeade Ice and Hibiscus Burst (my quarts) and Orange Zest (my pint).  All that was stamped over Background Basics Newsprint stamped in Soft Stone.  Except for my background stamp, the rest of the card is all from Beautiful Butterflies.





One more card for Make it Monday #154 and the Hero Arts Birthday Challenge in the FLORAL category.   I stamped a sentiment from Hero Arts It's Your Day and then masked it with a post it.  I stamped various flowers and leaves from PTI Doodlie Do using black ink.  Then, turned each of the Doodlie Do stamps upside down to stamp over the black image with color.  I am loving this technique lately.  I used Winter Wisteria, Limeade Ice, Ocean tides, and Pure Poppy.




Next up are three cards using different water coloring techniques.   I am entering all three into this week's One-Layer Simplicity Challenge #3 to just add water and Virginia's View Challenge #1 to use water coloring.


I used a rainbow palette of distress inks to stamp watery polka dots on top of my card, after stamping the card front with Hero Arts Life of Party background stamp in Versafine Onyx Black.  I used Distress inks for my rainbow polka dots:  Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, Chipped Sapphire and Dusty Concord.  My polka dot stamps were created by flipping over 2 stamps from HA Birthday Messages and Konnichiwa Lantern.  After inking up, I spritzed the stamp with water.  I will be entering this card at the Hero Arts Birthday Challenge in the Rainbow of Color category.




For this card, I used regular water color paints that come in a paint box to color the flowers from HA Delicate Blossoms.  I'm pretty sure they are from Michaels.  They looked a little dull when dried, so I coated all the flowers with Wink of Stella.  I am also entering this card at the Hero Arts Birthday Challenge in the Floral category.


 

Last but not least is a card using a brand new daffodil stamp I just got from Serendipity.  It really reminds me of spring.  I colored this stamp using a water brush and Inktense Pencils.  This is actually my favorite way to water color.  The Inktense pencils have such vibrant colors, and you can use them in so many different ways to water color.  For this card, I used my waterbrush to wet the tip of the pencil to grab color.  Inktense pencils let you layer colors.  Rather than blending, each layer sits atop of the previous layer.  I'm not anywhere near mastering this technique, but I do think it adds a little something to the effect.  I am also entering this card in the Serendipity SSCB#29 challenge:  stitches.  My stitches are faux (the only stitches I really know how to make), using the Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangle die. 



I will leave you to imagine the state of my desk.  I have a big clean up to do starting right now.


Thanks for Visiting

37 comments :

  1. Oh my, Joyce, you have been one busy crafter this week! Happy you had such fun and productive time.
    I love each and every one of your (very different) challenge cards ~ even see a couple I may need to CASE ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well how much can you pack into your week Joyce--all so fabulous. Those houses make me smile, fantastic Bday card for CFC, your MIM is so pretty with those colourful butterfly, need to boy Doodie Do now and love all the watercolouring too! Bravo. Thank you so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh Joyce! Each card is amazing and should have its own post and comments. Love the one you made for Serendipity Stamps “ Great Job” The water color poppy is so vibrant! Your party fun card is very a fav. of mine wow that looks great the way you stamped color on top of the black and white. Great job with the Doodle stamps I wish I got those. I am very happy to hear you have a mess on your desk or you would not be normal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to visit ur post which is loaded with so much inspiration :) That paper smooches card is so adorable, I love the idea of number card n amazing water coloring effects !! you go girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much inspiration in one post. Love it!!! All of these are great, Joyce! I can imagine your desk right now. ;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous birthday card Joyce! Love all the numbers!! Thanks for playing this week at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow, you've been busy! These are all wonderful, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyce: This entry--your numbers card is so pretty too!! Glad you joined our "Use Your Stash Challenge #56" again . Hope you enter in all our Simply Create Too upcoming challenges also.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so awesome, Joyce! Your creativity is astounding! Your water-colored card is happy and cheery! Excellent choice of stamps for that one! So glad that you join the fun at first Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I"m glad you were so productive this week, Joyce. Who cares if your desk is a disaster area when you can come up with cards as wonderful as these. I'm partial to the 50 card and will definitely be CASEing it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! Did I say WOW? What Gorgeous projects Joyce! You've been very busy...Lovely busy. Love each one but my fave is the butterfly card with a newsprint background. Love it! TFS have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am laughing to myself picturing everything you own spread out in your craft room...you will need a shovel to put it all away! I just think your cards today are not only creative, but so different too. Your mind must work all over the place to come up with watercolor cards, paper pieced cards, flowers, balloons, butterflies and more all at one sitting. WEll done...take a rest, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous cards, Joyce! I just received Doodlie-Do in the mail, and that technique was going to be the first I used! I'm so happy to see how well it works (for you, at least!) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy Moly... You are a card a making SUPER STAR! Seriously, you make more cards in one week, than I make in a whole month or more sometimes ;)
    And to top it off, they are all so pretty. How do I pick a favorite? Love these so much.
    Your butterfly card is beautiful! (One of may favorite sets)
    The case of Pamela's card is superb.
    And lets just talk about that Doodlie-doo card? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the cards and hope to Pinterest the number card. You are one productive lady.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all gorgeous! Love the jumbled numbers (got to remember to use that at some point!) and the big fun colourful dots! Thanks for joining us at CASual Fridays and OLS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I bet your desk is a wreck but look at all the pretties you made! I still can't figure out how you do it! Your desk must be really big :) You made so many colorful cards and they are all so different! I love the dots, butterflies and of course the flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, such pretty creations! Love the floral card for the Hero Arts challenge! Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. fab cards with lots of different techniques- you certainly have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ummm ... don't quite know what to say that won't have you still reading at this time tomorrow, Joyce! These are all fabulous ... sweet new home card, brilliant blasts of colour on the butterflies and circles, lovely florals ... and I'm sooo taken with the cool tumbling numbers and those gorgeous doodlie doos ... awesome! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome cards as usual. Hard to pick favorites, but I do love all those bright colors on the butterflies and the doolie doo is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fabulous collection of cards Joyce. They are all so different, which shows how talented you are. My eye kept being drawn back to the first card - so gorgeous, and I love the smoke coming out of the chimney. Hope the clean up went well!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow! All the cards pretty sweet and awesome, Joyce. Love them.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Joyce...wow! This is one amazing post with so many fabulous cards...I love them all. You are one incredible card maker, so many beauties and each one so different. It is hard to have a favorite I have to say that I love your second card with the gray numbers, so perfect for a 50th birthday! Thank you so much for playing along with Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love them all :) I think the butterflies are my favorite, but also loving the watercolored circles and falling numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You always amaze me. How do you ever get these all done? These are all fantastic!! Love the little houses and the numbers! Oh, and the butterflies and Doodlie Do! Everything looks wonderful--so much inspiration in one post!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So darn productive! All beauties, thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too with your great 50 card. Love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  28. awesome cards!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, wow, wow Joyce, you have been busy!!! Such amazing cards, each and every one! I love the sweet little neighborhood you made with your PS stamps! Thanks for sharing your talent with this week's SPARKS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your use of Pamela's number card ... gray is perfect for the numbers that aren't part of the message. So glad you joined the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge! And the doodle card looks amazing with the back-side stamping, and the colors you selected.

    ReplyDelete
  31. How did I miss seeing all these great cards?? The numbers card is especially fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow...these are all amazing!!! The one with the numbers is especially awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a feast for the eyes!! Love them all....unique in their own way!! Thxs for joining us at SSSCB....love those daffodils...one more stamp I need :) Thxs for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the pops of color on your predominantly gray card--such a fun card! Thanks for joining CASual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  35. These are all great cards you have really been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fabulous Daffodils, and i love that stitching die.
    Thanks for joining us at SSCB this month!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...