Friday, February 17, 2012

College Bound


This is my second post of the day.  For my Waltzingmouse Blog Party card, please click here.

This week's Make Monday #53 is all about Creative Coasters.  I used a coaster to cut out the adorable car from Enjoy the Ride.  Then, I cut some Aqua Mist paper, adhered the two together and then completely saturated it in Perfect Pearls mist.  In real life, this car is VERY shiny. This card is going to my niece, who is eagerly awaiting the remainder of her college acceptances.  She's gotten enough so she knows she will be going somewhere, not enough to make a final decision.



Supplies Used (PTI);
Stamps:  Enjoy the Ride, Background Basics Circles, Polka Dot Basics, Think Big Favorites
Paper:  Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Pure Poppy
Other:  Dies:  Enjoy the Ride, Mat Stack 4 Layerz, Pinking Edger


Thanks for visiting

8 comments :

  1. Cute card. Love those buttons for the headlights. I haven't participated in MIM for the past 2-3 challenges. Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, Joyce! I love the googly-eyes for the headlights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work on the MIM technique Joyce. The colours are great and those Googly eyes make it look like Herbie the Love Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! And of course, I love the googly-eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How in the world did you come up with those googly eye for the headlights? SO SMART! Yes, I had to shout it! This is so cute, your niece is going to love it. I wish I could see the up close shine to the car, bet it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card Joyce! I love this set and bought it because of you. Just made a card for my grandson with it .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyce, I love that the mat stack is sticking part way up and love that you used googley eyes on the car!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a sweet card for your niece...the colors are so bright and cheery and those eyes for the head lights is just too adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...