Sunday, October 25, 2020

Three Hero Arts Slimline Cards

 


Hello and happy Sunday.  This weekend, I focused on making some slimline cards.  Sometimes it is fun to mix it up a little.  Also, I wanted to participate in the Stay Crafty with Hero Arts #16 challenge, which is all about slimline holiday cards.  I am also entering all of these cards at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge to Layer It Up.


I started out by stamping, coloring and fussy cutting most of the images in Hero Arts Cozy Town.  Then I had lots of bits I could move around and experiment with.  My first card was inspired by the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches #458.  I added just a bit of sponged sky over the houses and trees, and made some snow with a stencil and embossing paste.






I used more of those houses and trees for my next card.  I cut snowbanks and stacked my little neighborhoods.





Last up is a card using Distress Fired Brick and a few Distress ink blue colors.  These colors were inspired by the challenge at Color Hues #4.  I blended Fired Brick ink on a brick stencil, then created my windows.  I stamped the Hero Arts Bare Branched Tree onto a piece of card stock, then cut three windows out of the middle section.  I had the idea that you could look out the stacked windows and see how the tree was growing.  Not sure that you can actually get that it is different views of the same tree, but.... I'm OK with this card, but I also think maybe it's a little too busy for me.

I am also entering this card at A Blog Named Hero to make a card with a See Through Element (windows) and WWC294: Anything Goes Masculine.






Thanks for Visiting








10 comments :

  1. What a delightful group of slim line cards! I love them all. Thanks for playing at FMS this week, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic! I love your cute little neighborhoods and the view through the windows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....what a fabulous trio of gorgeous slimline cards!!! Just love those adorable houses and the trees behind the windows, genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three really gorgeous cards. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week with your third card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your slimlines all turned out so great Joyce! I love the additions of the snow with the house but them the spooky windows....very scary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three slimline cards are great! I love those houses, and they worked great with both designs. Love the windows---so creative! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For a Californian, you have done a fine job on these three winter scenes! ;) Thanks for adding that last one to Color Hues - it's quite layered for you, but I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the scenes you have created!! Such cute little neighborhoods. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards! Your row of houses is such a clever use of the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...