Sunday, June 23, 2019

My Crafty Weekend



Gradually, I am shifting away from knitting and back to cards as the weather warms up.  I made 3 cards yesterday for lots of different challenges.

First up is this card using the Poppystamps Urban Skyline die.  I am entering this at Poppystamps Challenge #51: Summer Holiday and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge:  Travel/Vacation  --  as I was just in New York City for my first trip of the summer, and also Addicted to stamps and More #346: Anything Goes.









Next up is another card using a Poppystamps die, this one the Happy Birthday background die.  I am entering this card at Poppystamps Challenge #51: Summer Holiday --  this time because my daughter's birthday is in July, so celebrating her birthday is one of the major events of our summer holiday every year.


I used the colors from Color Throwdown #548, watercoloring them on the card base using PTI reinkers and a water brush, and am also entering this card at AAA Birthday #2: Use Water Colors and Seize the Birthday-- Cover the Card.  I am especially pleased at how this card came out, as the water colors are so pale and mermaidy and I managed to cover an entire card and yet still keep it pretty Clean and Simple and true to my style.







Last up is this funny/punny card, where I used some Hampton Arts stamps I have had for at least 5 years and have never seen ink.  (the shame!!)



I am entering this card at Retro Rubber #113:  Anything Goes,  Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #137: M is for Menopause, and Shopping Our Stash #398:  You're So Punny.





Thanks for Visiting

16 comments :

  1. Love that urban skyline with the soft sky, Joyce. Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three simply fabulous cards Joyce...I do have to say that your final one is my favorite, just love that sweet lady! And your coloring is so amazing! I would love to this one when I come visit next month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What terrific dies you have! These are all marvelous cards Joyce. I love it when you share your crafty weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great skyline - what a cool card! Thanks so much for linking up at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that happy birthday die and it looks so pretty with the background colours peeping through. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Double duty commenting here...
    Those dies are amazing and your backgrounds are gorgeous!
    And of course I am a fan of those Hero Arts images!!
    Thanks for getting punny with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!
    AND
    Thanks for playing along with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these cards!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous trio of cards Joyce! Love the inky backgrounds on the first two cards and the last one is such fun and you have coloured the image beautifully.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards, Joyce! Thanks for joining us at SoSS - your card with the 'wining' lady is perfect for our challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are ALL wonderful....those dies are amazing! But the snarky wine one...well, let's just say, I could use some myself right about now, LOL! Thanks for sharing this with us this week at the Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore these sassy ladies Joyce, the sentiment on this one fits her to a "T"!!
    And I, of course, totally agree, LOL!!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH and RETRO RUBBER, we are so delighted to see your card in our galleries.
    Hope you come back to both, next time.
    Hugs.
    Maria/DT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful group of cards Joyce! I love the simplicity of the city scene and the bg on the birthday card is gorgeous! I wine a little bit each night, lol.... fun card!
    Got your email and I will get back to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your Poppystamps card! Looks like summer in the big city! I dont know why but every time I drive into the city I feel an excitement in me, and this card captures that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! I can get on board with the 'wine a little' sentiment... Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those Poppystamp dies and that fun wine lady!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats you won the Poppystamps Prize!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...