Tuesday, January 22, 2019

CASology Week #328...Smile





Hello and happy Tuesday. It's time for another challenge at CASology.   This week, our cue word is SMILE.  I looked through my stamps and found a sentiment I had totally forgotten about that is perfect for a card to send to a friend, just because.  Another interpretation that I didn't think of until I had already made my card would be to make a card featuring anything that makes you smile (puppies, chocolate, hugs, you get the drift).

I stamped my sentiment in the lower right corner of the card, die cut a leafy branch (PTI Turning a New Leaf) and then built it back up with layers of matching green card stock.  It's been a while since I used the inlaid die technique, and this was a reminder to me of how fun the process is and how much I like the final product.





Now it's your turn.  How does SMILE inspire you?


As always, remember the following CAS guidelines when creating your design:
  1. One main image
  2. Lots of open space, uncluttered
  3. Limited layers & embellishments
  4. Quick & easy to recreate (Note: It may take a while to create a design you like, but once you have that design, making more should be a piece of cake!)

I hope you play along this week.

Please head on over to the CASology blog and gather some inspiration from the our Guest Designer Monika R. and the CASology design team.




Thanks for Visiting

12 comments :

  1. Oh Joyce, this really makes me smile! What a fab CAS look and the sentiment in our fav. position. Oh I hope I remember how wonderful this looks and have a go myself when I have just the right sentiment and die xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool technique Joyce love your idea with the die cutting
    love the SMILE Sentiment you have too…
    great CAS Card and I am so happy being GDT together with you telented DT member..
    see you Maybe around Joyce
    biig hugs
    Monika (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply fabulous card...made me smile! Your sentiment is as sweet as can be and love your wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome design Joyce! I like the way you've layered this up, it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this beautiful design, Joyce, and gorgeous texture too! Your card certainly made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great technique to keep the card CAS, Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyce so simple and so beautiful. It made me SMILE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, that is such a brilliant sentiment, Joyce ... love the inlaid, popped up leaf cut into it ... delicious! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, Joyce! Great sentiment - and I like the dimension of the die!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this card - what fun and easy technique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, Joyce! I love how you stamped the sentiment and your inlaid die cutting works perfectly with the leaves! Love how you added texture to your design with the linen texture, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...