Saturday, December 15, 2012

Paper Smooches Designer Drafts and CAS(E) This Sketch #9



I am posting with a heavy heart today, grieving for the victims and their families in Connecticut.  It is a hard thing to understand, and even harder to explain to my children.  I spent much of today crafting in the company of my oldest daughter, seeming to need to be at her side all day.  My youngest is off this weekend at a soccer tournament with her father, and they seem to be checking in more frequently than usual.  



I do have some happy cards to share today.  The first one is for this week's Paper Smooches Designer Drafts challenge.   Here is the sketch:


I had to break out my newest PS set, Woofers and Tweeters.  These dogs sure are cute. I've got the smallest dog in the pack precariously perched atop a pile of hearts to give his best pal a bone. 




Now, on to this week's CAS(E) this Sketch CTS#9.


As soon as I saw this sketch, I knew I wanted to use this hanging snowflake stamp from PTI Friendship Jar Holiday Fillers.  The scale was too small, so I masked a bit to get the hanging parts longer, and I used a smaller panel for my focal point.



Last of all, here are some more tags for my holiday treats:



Supplies Used:
Best Pals
Stamps:  Paper Smooches Woofers and Tweeters, Alpha Dots
Paper:  PTI White, EP Winter Wishes
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa, Grey Flannel
Other:  PTI Bead Die, Copics, Glossy Accents

Let it Snow
Stamps:  PTI Friendship Jar Holiday Fillers
Paper:  PTI White, Simply Chartreuse, Enchanted Evening
Ink:  Enchanted Evening, Simply Chartreuse
Other:  Rhinestones, Copic marker

Tags:
Stamps:  PTI 2012 Holiday Tags
Paper:  White, Pure Poppy, Kraft, Rustic Cream
Ink:  VersaMark, SU Real Red, Memento Rich Cocoa
Other:  Tag Sale Dies, Limitless Layers Ovals, jingle bells from Michaels


Thanks for Visiting

13 comments :

  1. Joyce your two sketch cards are perfect, I love the PS images on the first and your use of the snowflakes for CAS(E) also perfect. Great tags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful cards & tags Joyce, the first one is so cute! There are no words - utterly heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce you got the dog set! I love it :) You did a great job using it with the sketch :) I love the hanging snow in the second card, and especially the tag with the houses. I can hardly watch the news without tears brimming. I can only imagine how hard it is for a parent to discuss this with their child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!! Love those tags too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you extended the snowflake 'hangers' - such a pretty combination of stars and snowflakes! Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E)This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the hanging snowflakes - great stamp to pick for that sketch!

    I wish there was an easy way to explain the Connecticut tragedy to our children (or even to myself) and just hope that we can get to a place where this never happens again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the stars on the hanging snowflakes - SO festive! So glad to see you at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your hanging snowflakes...as soon as I saw that sketch Joyce, that is exactly the image that popped into my mind. So neat that you were able to expand them so that the scale was right for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, its seems to be all we have on our mind and hearts.
    Wow, you have been busy! I cant believe how perfectly you cut out the paper s. images. I almost got that set still cant make up my mind. Love your card . The snowflake one is gorgeous. The tags are perfect and look wonderful in red. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My thoughts are also with the bereaved and their community. It's so hard to believe that such things can happen.
    Your cards are lovely Joyce and I particularly like the snowflake one - great idea to extend the strings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of them are fabulous!!
    the cute little pups...
    the snowflakes...
    and those gorgeous tags!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joyce, all of your projects are so fun. I am in love with those sweet little dogs and so happy that I have that stamp set. Your tags with the jingle bells are perfect too, so festive. And your snowflakes, just too clever too that jar set for this sketch. You have been a busy bee, I love seeing what you create and to spend the day with your daughter making all of these, the best way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Looks like you've been super busy crafting!! LOVE your little pups on the first card:) THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!! Hope you will join in the fun this week:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...