Thursday, December 20, 2012

Make it Monday #96



I've got something to show for this week's Make it Monday #96:  Patchwork Die Cuts.  I used the Damask Snowflake die along with papers from Holiday Flourishes and Swirls to make a tag for some of my English Toffee


I used the negative leftover from all those snowflake die cuts to make a matching card.  I didn't think the snowflake looked that good as just a negative die cut, so I cut a fifth snowflake out of Ripe Avocado, embossed it with the Mehndi Medallion Impression Plate (original idea here, by creative genius Kelly), and popped it up in the negative space.  In both cases, the sentiment is on Fine Linen cut with one of the Love Lives Here dies, and stamped with a sentiment from Friendship Jar Holiday Fillers.



Here they are together:



Supplies Used (PTI):
Stamps:  Friendship Jar Holiday Fillers, Love Lives Here
Paper:  Ripe Avocado, Holiday Flourishes & Swirls, Fine Linen
Ink:  Kraft, Ripe Avocado
Other:  Dies:  Damask Snowflake, Love Lives Here, Tag Sale, Scarlet Jewel Ribbon


Thanks for Visiting

7 comments :

  1. How clever to use the Damask Snowflake for your quilted design Joyce. Love that you were able to recycle and make a card with your scraps. Both beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your patchwork snowman! Gorgeous patchwork card too. Too bad PTI does not put items on sale after Caristmas... I can see why this snowflake is always sold out....I baked all day after errends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute...love the patchwork and that cute tag with all the English Toffee (mine is all gone and has been since yesterday!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce, looks like we both had the snowflake in mind to cut up. Love how you used yours! The patchwork tag lends itself perfectly with the rustic look of the damask snowflake. Wish I was getting that toffee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw these on Papertrey, love the patchwork snowflake!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love how the card and sweets packaging is perfectly co-ordinated. The patchwork makes them wonderfully homely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm finally finished my baking & treat bags, so getting caught up on blogs. Love the colors & patterns in your papers Joyce - the matched tag & card are perfect! I think I might have to add this snowflake to my wish list too - or maybe just have you cut a few along with the snow globe LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...