Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Letters from Camp

My daughters are going to sleep away camp tomorrow for two weeks, and they are so excited.  I know that I will miss them more than they will miss me, although I do have some fun things planned for myself while they are gone.  I am really hoping that they will take pity on old mom and write to me from camp.  Am I asking too much?

I thought I might have a better chance of hearing from them if they had interesting note cards they were excited to use.  I made this set for my youngest daughter.  There is about enough room for her to write a sentence or two--not much more.  That should be perfect for her.  She is not much of a writer.  Last year, she didn't write at all.  Her excuses were "I was too busy" and "I forgot about you"  Gotta love that honesty. 


I have a much better chance of hearing from my older daughter.  She loves to write, and has always written long beautiful letters to me from camp.  She is famous in our family for her wonderful, effusive thank you notes.  (Send her a gift and see for yourself--ha ha).  I secretly bought Life is a Carnival, knowing she would love this set, and made her a set of folded cards, so she would have lots of room to write.



She loves the cards, but didn't think 4 would be enough for two weeks.   I made her four flat cards to give her more options for writing.


It will be interesting to see what kind of mail I receive over the next several weeks.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler, Paper Source Owl, The Crafts Meow Life is a Carnival, PTI Botanical Silhouettes, Butterfly Kisses, Michaels Ice Cream Sundae
Paper:  PTI Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush, Lavender Moon, Spring Rain, Lemon Tart

Thanks for Visiting

10 comments :

  1. Oh, these are great, Joyce! What a super idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cards. I hope your daughters use them. don't forget the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...I can't imagine my kids off for two weeks, but I'm sure it will happen in a blink of an eye!

    These notecards are so cute! And I hope you'll get lots of mail soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are fantastic!!!
    I love the carnival ones...
    you're enabling! :)
    And I would be stressing over 2 weeks without them...
    remember my 1 week without Haley...
    I was so lost!
    But yet I want to send them off for a week of peace and quiet...
    just "me" time...
    I just don't have the courage! :)
    Enjoy that time!
    And the cards are truly fabby!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joyce! Welcome to blogland - your blog is great and I love those circus cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, the cards are all adorable. Hope you get lots of mail.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea. Very cute. Hope they write a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful project! So nice when papercrafting can be so fun AND functional.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyce...your note cards are just way too cute. I hope you receive a few of them in the mail too! Your girls will have a blast and so will you. Have a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are adorable! I hope you get some notes in the mail! How fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...