Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy Little Stampers Case The Designer January 2015...thanks




Hello and happy new year.  At the time of this posting, it is officially 2016 in Australia!  We've still got a few hours to go here in San Diego before we offically say good bye to 2015.

I'm here to post a card for a new challenge from Happy Little Stampers called 'Case the Designer'. It replaces the Happy Little Stampers Sketch Challenge--which was so 2015. New year...new challenge.

The first designer that we are challenging you to CASE is none other than our fearless leader, Kylie Purtell.  Just take a look at the beautiful card Kylie made to inspire us.



I loved Kylie's colorful background, and I assume she worked this magic with some of her famous Brushos, which I do not have.  I used several colors of Distress ink, blended them together and then randomly spattered water droplets.

Once everything was dry, I stamped a sentiment along with a small image, added some texture, cut my panel down to size and rounded the corners and adhered it to my card front with foam tape.



In addition to Kylie's technique, I was inspired by her colors and also her design.



Our challenge will run for the entire month of January.  I hope you will play along.  Please head over to the Happy Little Stampers Case the Designers blog to see more inspiration from the rest of the design team.

Thanks for Visiting




21 comments :

  1. Joyce, your card is so beautiful. I love the water spots on your fabulous background! And those sweet little birds, sweet way to say thanks. Wishing you a wonderful New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Joyce. The colours using the Distress Inks are gorgeous. The water spots are perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderfully whimsical, Joyce ... those sweet little birds adorning the sentiment are adorable ... fabulous against that gorgeous background! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Joyce. Love your CASE and sweet little bird on the sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great CASE of Kylie's card Joyce and I love the little bird - cracks me up for some reason lol! Happy New Year my friend and thank you for the lovely Christmas card.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great CASE of Kylie's card Joyce and I love the little bird - cracks me up for some reason lol! Happy New Year my friend and thank you for the lovely Christmas card.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card! The background is just so wow with that spots of water! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfectly smooshed and CASEed, Joyce. I love the little bird perched on the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Joyce!
    You made a perfect background!
    Have a wonderful day and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is really great, Joyce ... I don't have Brushos either ... but I know someone who LOves them!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colors are beautiful and I love the water spots! How fun that you met your DH at a New Years Party, you may have told me before and I forgot. Happy News Years Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow did you ever do a great job, the sis fabulous!! Happy New Year Joyce!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year Joyce! Your card is a lovely CASE of Kylie's card. The blending of the colors is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year! And thanks for the beautiful card.
    Love the colours of this card! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year. Your background is so colorfula nd done well. Love those water spots.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The little birds and sentiments are delightfully whimsical, and you've placed them on a gorgeous background! I'm currently on a no water-colouring hiatus, which is easy to stick with, as I gave most of my water-colour stuff to my niece for Christmas. My stress-level is drastically reduced! I kept my distress inks, and sponging is a 'do-able', so...I'm hoping to play, too! Love your card!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful CASE of Kylie's card, Joyce! I love the water spots and how you added the darling bird!
    I hope 2016 is a wonderful year for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful CASE of Kylie's card Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely CASE, Joyce. :) Beautiful colors, reminding me of a sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Joyce your card is so perfect for the CASE challenge and love the background you created. I always forget about sprinkling water on my Distress Inks, makes such a difference!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Joyce, and Happy New Year, albeit a bit late! Wonderful CARE of Kylie's card. Love the splatters of water on your inking. I love that stamp set and you have used it so simply and wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...