Tuesday, December 8, 2015

CASology Week #176: Tree



This is my second post for today.  If you are looking for my ColourQ post,  please click here.  

Hello and happy Tuesday.  Time for another challenge at CASology.  This week, our cue word is TREE.  Even though we don't celebrate Christmas in my family, my mind still went right to a Christmas tree for this cue word.  How about an entire forest of Christmas trees in fun and funky colors?


I wanted to have a snowy scene on my card front, and could not locate my snow stencil.  I started to doubt myself--maybe I just wanted that stencil but never ordered it?  Anyway, I could not find it, but found a falling hearts stencil and used that instead.  That is the truth--I could just say that I wanted to have snow shaped like falling hearts.....

Anyway, then I die cut and stamped several trees from PTI Joyful Christmas and arranged them underneath my snowy hearts.




Now, it's your turn.  How does TREE inspire you?  I hope you play along this week. Please remember to keep it Clean and Simple.

Please head on over to the CASology blog and gather some inspiration from the design team.

We are sponsored this week by Stamplorations.

I am also linking this card up at the following challenges:  Just Add Ink #291: Just Add 'C' (Christmas); Simon Says Monday Holly Jolly Stamping; Simon Says Wednesday Let it Snow; The Paper Players #274 Let it Snow; and AAA Cards #54 Christmas.







25 comments :

  1. Love the whimsical look of the colourful trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a happy looking card, Joyce! I think heart shaped snow would be divine!!! We don't celebrate Christmas either, but this time of year, holiday cards are often on my crafty mind! ;) These trees remind me of some little trees I purchased recently for photo props! Mine are simply green with a touch of snow though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce your bottle brush tress look fantastic in all those colours!! Hmm maybe that set will go into my cart since I haven't used my gc yet! ;) I think that heart shaped snow is pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your falling hearts are fabulous, and I love all the funky colors you chose for your bottle brush trees...such a sweet card, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your brilliant idea of falling hearts is wonderful , haha! Love this and those adorable trees! You make my wish list get longer every time I stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And there they are ... LOve those little bottle-brush trees, Joyce. I wonder how many people really know what that means? Those hearts? one of them is mine ... xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. CUTE bottle brush trees Joyce!! Terrific colors too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely card. Very creative! I love it. The hearts are just perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bright colours you used for your trees Joyce - so much fun! The falling hearts might have been unplanned but add a lovely heartfelt feel. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Joyce, your card is wonderful! Great winter scene of course! Love the trees! Have a creative day! Hugs Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun card. The snowflake hearts in the back and the colorful trees. So pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those falling snowhearts! And what sweet whimsically colored trees, too! This is just a delightful card; love it!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joyce, I LOL'd at your comment about thinking you ordered something----I have done that many times! The snow hearts are just lovely! That just shows you LOVE snow! The bottle brush trees in all the colors are beautiful! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful stamping Joyce, love the colour combo and stunning use of texture and attention to detail. Love it! Thanks for sharing at AAA CArds. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. The tree looks good in all the colours! Fun card! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty trees, I love how the colours are not all Christmas-y. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards! Justine

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous copse of colourful Christmas trees, Joyce ... love your creativity with the 'stand in' for the lost stencil ... those heart shaped snowflakes are fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful colours for the trees - I love the non-traditional feel - and the falling hearts are a brilliant touch (even if they were a little bit unplanned!) Thanks for sharing at AAA too! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  19. This reminds me of Tim Holtz spraying his bottle brush trees, Joyce, They look terrific in all those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful grove of colorful Christmas trees...just your wonderful background too, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Joyce, I am really loving these colorful bottle brush trees! I'd love the stumble upon a forest like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE those falling hearts (genius) AND the bottlebrush trees - You can feel the texture of them just by looking at them! I think your colour choice for those trees is just fab, Joyce!! I love the way you've staggered the trees too. So funky in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the stenciled background and the great dimension you gave the trees by popping them up off of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Joyce!!! You did a great job on your card. Your falling hearts are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Falling snowhearts and a colourful forest? Where do I find this because I'm ready to walk through that magical, whimsical wonderland! Love this, Joyce!
    Hugs`c

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...