Sunday, October 8, 2017

My Crafty Weekend

 


Finally--some crafty time this weekend.  I'll start with a get well card that I made for a little boy about to undergo a major surgery.  I used the technique from this week's Make it Monday #298: Faux Epoxy Embellishments.  I used some of the preprinted paper from the Out of This World kit, adding a stenciled sun and the rockets and planet as my faux epoxy embellishments.




I am also entering this card at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: A Walk on the Dark Side and The Male Room #70: Anything Goes with the Option of Technology--My rockets are the technology.



My next card was inspired by this beautiful card at Muse #236 by Anita.

Inspiration Card by Anita

I was inspired by the theme of leaves, the fall colors and the die cut sentiment on vellum.



I am also entering this card at Addicted to Stamps and More #262: Make Your Mark.



While I still had that leaf die out, I decided to make another card with it.  I used the colors from CAS Colours & Sketches #243, and am also entering this card at CAS on Friday #118: Fall.






Last of all is a card I made for the Favorite stamp challenge at Addicted to CAS and More #121.  I have so many stamps, it is really hard to pick a favorite, but I looked at the labels on my blog, where I normally put the name of the stamp sets I used, and saw that Harvest Berries came up 17 times--way more than anything else, so that is the stamp set I used.

I also saw that I typically used this set for sympathy cards, but decided this time to make a masculine get well card.




Thanks for Visiting

17 comments :

  1. Four awesome cards, Joyce! Your space rocket get well card is perfect for a young boy and wise to add epoxied embellishments. You were on a roll this weekend. I need to find more crafty time, too. Happy October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card for the little boy, Joyce! Awesome design and wonderful faux epoxy elements. Hope his surgery goes well. And I love the fabulous leaf panels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many wonderful cards! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S! I like the use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for crafting time, Joyce! The glow behind the sun is brilliant, what a fabulous space scene, love how the rockets are shooting up into it, so hopeful! Both versions of the leaf panel are delicious and so texture-y, and that last one with the Harvest Berries ... it's gorgeous, crisp and fresh, the scripty sentiment mimics the flow of the leaves beautifully! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards Joyce... neat frame die

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Joyce ! You really honoured the Card Making Day with all these beauties ! There all fabulous ! Love your space scene, I'm sure the little boy will love it ! Your two frames with the falling leaves are just gorgeous and look like so different only by changing the colours ! My favourite one is your last card with those delicate harvest berries in blue ! Absolutely gorgeous ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when you have a crafty weekend!! Your first card is super cool, something my brother would enjoy. I'm swooning over those pretty colorful leaves on your Muse card!! Incredible work Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I'm going to have to find that leaf die!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great kid's card with planet, rockets and stars. Thank you for Walking On The Dark Side with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic cards, Joyce. What a perfect card to wish a little boy get well wishes, I'm sure he'll love it. And what different effects you've achieved with the same die. Loving the purple tones in your Muse card, it really lifts the whole design. And those Harvest Berries, I remember seeing that stamp a lot a few years ago and always loved it. It looks lovely in blue with all that white space. Thanks so much for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning collection of cards, you have been really creative. Loving the die you have used for the card using the CC&S colours especially. Thanks so much for joining in on the fun there this week. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful set of cards Joyce - love the fall leaves! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you have been busy! Your cards are all gorgeous - thanks for sharing with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Talk about some fabulous eye candy! I'm so glad you found the time to play in your craft room, Joyce...your cards are just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing your favorite stamp with us this week at Addicted to CAS ~ We always enjoy seeing your beautiful creations in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Been missing your weekend line-ups, Joyce. Today didn't disappoint. What a collection of goodness. The detail in the outer space card is phenomenal, I'm sure that young man will love it. I wish I had included my stamps in my labels so I could go back and see what I used most, but I love that Harvest Berries set too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. As a get well card that has to be 'out of this world', it's fab. Thank you for sharing it with us at TMR.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely fall inspired card! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...