Thursday, July 2, 2015

Exciting News and Rainbows




Hello friends.  I have some very exciting news today--I am going to be on the design team of Tag You're It!   I love tags and challenges both, so I am really looking forward to playing along on this team.  Please check out the official announcement over on the Tag You're It blog.

I've been in a rainbow mood lately--I am not normally very politically vocal, but I must say that I am very happy about the Supreme Court ruling guaranteeing the Constitutional right to same-sex marriage.  This is something I have believed was right for a long time, for my friends, my children's friends, my friends children, my children's coaches and teachers--this touches the lives of so many people I care about.  So, what did I do--I made some cards.

I used the PTI Hanging Star die and colored all the stars using Copic markers, aiming for an ombre effect going from light to dark.  I was inspired by Laura's Make it Monday #216:  Adding Color to Cover Plates.  When I was deciding which die to use, I noticed this pretty card by Polly already in the gallery, and her card gave me the idea to use this particular die.  I used foam tape to adhere all the stars and then coated everything with WOS.  Before attaching the die cut stars, I stamped my sentiment and embossed the card front with the Burlap Impression Plate.


I am also entering this card at Curtain Call Celebrate and MarkerPop #72 Anything Goes.




I bought a set of those Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens that everyone seems to be talking about and they came all the way from Japan in only a couple of weeks.  I stamped and masked a garden scene using WPlus9 Doodle Buds, and then used those pens to color a rainbow garden on my next card.


I still need to practice a lot more, but I was pleased with this as a first attempt.  I used Glossy Accents to make some fake condensation drops, and they ended up bleaching the color out and looking more like water spots.  Good to know for next time, right?  I am entering this card at Addicted to Stamps #151: Anything Goes.



Thanks for Visiting



26 comments :

  1. I LOVE your rainbow cards Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to be on the Tag team with you, Joyce! Your inspiration: nothing short of amazing! Your stars card is fabulous; a most wonderful way to show your support for the new ruling. As for your garden, painted with the Zig pens: bright, vibrant and oh-so-pretty! I think you have how to paint with them well figured out! I'm still practicing...and practicing..
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! love your rainbows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy that we'll be together at TYI! Wonderful rainbow of colors, Joyce! They are both so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you!!! Congratulations on your newest DT! You will be creating some fabulous tags...love your rainbow flowers and stars...great idea to color them with those new pens of yours! Such great news today...yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Joyce!! Pretty cards today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new DT Joyce!! So exciting! Love both your rainbow-coloured cards. So pretty. I have just gotten the Zig pends too --- so fun and easy to work with. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyce your rainbow cards are just fantastic! I love the falling stars and your colouring with the ZIG Clean Color is perfect. So very happy to have you on the team at Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new DT, love both the cards and the rainbow of colors on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joyce...love both of your fabulous rainbow cards and can not wait to check out those markers you have been using, the results look so amazing! A big CONGRATS on your new design team, so well deserved and I am looking forward to seeing all your amazing tags!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Firstly, I want to say a HUGE CONGRATS to you on your new Design Team spot at TYIC! You are so deserving, Joyce and I'm so, very happy for you!
    Love both of your 'Rainbow' themed cards today...wow! Laura would be so impressed with how you were inspired by her video, and your blooms are so FUN! Can't wait until my Zig pens get here (also from Japan)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your latest DT assignment. I don't know how you find the time to be so prolific. These new cards are delightful. Happy 4th My sons and families are at Moonlight Beach right now and I am so glad the weather has begun to improve. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  13. A big congrats to you! How fun! I also want to say I love your card! Thank you for joining us for our markerPOP challenge!
    Hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joyce, congrats on the new Design Team thing--- and thanks for your kind comments about my MIM 216 card and even mentioning me in your blog. Of course I LOVE your card. Arent those new Zig watercolor pens fun? Also loved your comments about the SCOTUS decision.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your new DT spot! I know you will be a fantastic addition to the team! Love both of your rainbow designs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your new role, Joyce. And two lovely bright and cheerful cards. Love your flowers and the textured card base. Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on joining the TYI DT, Joyce ... you'll be awesome! Gorgeous rainbow cards ... so delicious! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely cards and congrats on your DT gig!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the embossed background to those zingy summer flowers. congrats on the new DT as well.
    Thanks for linking up at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations and so excited to be on a DT with you! Yay! Beautiful colorful cards Joyce! Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats are definitely enclosed, Joyce... so happy for you, and us, too! Your Wplus9 buds are gorgeous!!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful, colorful, amazing cards of delightful rainbow-ness!!! Love how you styled them both and CONGRATS - YOU are a STAR - you made the Tag, You're It! team!!! SO VERY EXCITED for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Big congrats on the new DT spot, Joyce - so happy for you!!!
    And your rainbow coloured cards are lovely!!! All the little stars are so cute and I love the water drops on the pretty flowers!!! Both beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic cards! Congrats on the new DT spot! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is lovely! those rainbow of stars is awesome. Congrats on your news.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm only 6 weeks late in congratulating you on your new DT asssignment, Joyce. I'm thrilled for you, and for the team. I love your cards. That Doodlebuds stamp is on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...