Thursday, April 25, 2013

PTI April 2013 Blog Hop










The theme this month for the PTI Blog Hop is things that are tilted.  Apparently that is very trendy.  I can report that for me, it is also very fun.  I ran out of time, but did not run out of things to tilt.  Here are 4 cards with tilted elements.

First up is a Father's Day card for my husband, who loves his TV.  Now, if I could only get tiny Premiere League Soccer stamps to fill up those screens, he would be all set.  I used some of my new SU inks on this card--Garden Green, Baja Breeze, and More Mustard.  I am really loving my new inks--they are so juicy and colorful.  I am also entering this card into this week's Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge.






I can tell I am going to love my Sketched Shapes stamps.  This is the first card I made with that set--a CAS birthday card.  This card, as well as the next two cards will also be entered into this week's CAS-ual Friday CFC99:  Birthday Bash, as well as A Passion For Papertrey:  Let's Celebrate.




On this next card, I used a little trick I learned during my Pattern Play class--use a thin strip of striped pattern paper to select the colors for your card.  So, I took a strip of paper from Basic Grey Cottage pad, and matched my colors to it.  Hero Arts Pale Tomato ink, and kraft card stock.




Last of all, a card using Cutting Garden flowers, with some stems borrowed from Day Dreamer, which was still on my desk at the time.



That's it for now.  Enjoy the rest of the hop.


Supplies Used (PTI):
Father's Day
Stamps:  Boutique Borders Father's Day,  Polka Dot Parade
Paper:  White
Ink:  SU Baja Breeze, Garden Green, More Mustard

Sending Birthday
Stamps:  Stylish Sentiments Birthday, Sketched Shapes
Paper:  White
Ink:  Limeade Ice, Hibiscus Burst, Versafine Onyx Black

Kraft Happy Birthday
Stamps:  Day Dreamer, Tag-Its
Paper:  Kraft, White, Basic Grey Cottage
Ink:  Ripe Avocado, Hero Arts Pale Tomato, Memento Rich Cocoa
Other:  Dies:  Daydreamer, Spiral Notebook, Herringbone Embossing Folder, Twine

White Happy Birthday
Stamps:  Cutting Garden, Bountiful Banners, Day Dreamers
Paper:  White, Pebbles Walnut Grove
Ink:  Hibiscuc Burst, Ripe Avocado, Simply Chartreuse, Versacolor Opera Pink, SU Pretty in Pink
Other:  Dies:  Cutting Garden, Day Dreamers, Bountiful Banners,  Canvas/Linen Impression Plate


Thanks for Visiting

47 comments :

  1. Joyce all of your cards are fabulous! Those TV's are fantastic and I love your new ink colours. Love those diagonal banner and your Daydreamer card is beautiful in the Pale Tomato. LOVE the herringbone impression! Those Cutting Garden Flowers are really really pretty. All fabulous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Joyce, these all look fabulous. I love your tilting. You look to be a pro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, what a riot with the tilted TVs!! Quite often, that's the way they look to Dad too ... when he's laying down on the couch!! As usual, your other cards are also adorable. That banner card on the angle has great colors (from your patterned paper!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All great, Joyce. Especially fond of the vintage tv's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are wonderful Joyce :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Joyce, you were very busy for this blog hop! All of your cards are great, but my favorite is your Day Dreamer card using the strip of DP. That is such a great tip about pulling your colors from CP. And I love that particular stamp set you used. An oldie but goodie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all wonderful Joyce! Love the tv’s, and I love the new juicy inks as well and cant wait to get more . The last flower one is my favorite, love that flower and die!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you've been busy! Great cards - especially loved the tilted televisions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are on a tilted roll Joyce!! love those TV's - great for Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, these are all so wonderful, Joyce! Fabulous cards with tilts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great grouping of cards!! I can't choose a favorite!! They are all so unique and fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are all amazing Joyce - loving the TV's - super clever. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you've been busy. What fun cards, esp the TV one, love that. But each one of them is amazing. - Irma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my Joyce, you've done it again! I don't know how you come up with so many good ideas. Love all of these. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They're all fabulous...
    but I like the tilted tv's best...
    they're so cool and perfect for ANY man...
    any occasion! :)
    But that notepad card is pretty fabby too...
    love the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've been busy creating and every card is great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, these are all fabulous...great job with this HOP! You made fantastic cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! You've been a busy bee! My favorite is the TV card...that little stamp is just so cute, and I love how you turned it to get more of them on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This are all so cute! I love how your turned the tv sets. Also the flowers on the notebook page are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the Sketched Banners; wish I'd put them in my cart! Lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohhh, how wonderful are these four cards, Joyce!?! You have used such awesome stamps and great designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. love those cool alternating tvs....beautiful florals too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh, wow. Love them all, especially the first one with TV.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the tilted TV's, but the card I like the most is the perfect CAS Sketched Shapes - stunning! The colors & coverage of your SU inks are great - I've been a little frustrated with coverage lately.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow - all four are just fabulous - Thanks for sharing the trick with pulling colors from the patterned paper. The third one is one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the second one with the sketched shapes, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow!!! Each and every one of your cards is absolutely fabulous!! I love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. As usual a great bunch of cards. Those TV's are darling. Your husband will love that card. all the birthdays cards are great. The new sketched stamps really makes a beautiful CAS card. I really love the one with the spiral notebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, I love all of these - you've been busy! That's a great Father's Day card and your card with Sketched images makes me want my package all the more!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, look, there's more! I should have known there would be and I'm actually glad to see it coz I thought maybe you weren't feeling well! Now this is more like the Joyce we know! Your cards are ALL brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, you really rocked this challenge! LOVE the TVs!! Maile's new set looks fantastic and I adore your flowers. Great job on all!

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOW!! Such a BEAUTIFUL group of Cards!! I LOVE your takes on the Tilted Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Joyce, I love your creations!
    Each one is simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is just the cutest idea ever! Those retro tv's are so fun and you really did work some magic with them...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such beautiful creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. All such stunning cards! I love how you rotated the TVs on the first one.. so clever! :) Thanks for playing along in the "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Yay, Joyce! Was so happy to see your name among the winners! Must put that stampset in my cart next month! Love how you used it!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Didn't get a chance to hop yet but just saw Nichole's post where you were a winner. We already knew that though, didn't we? Congrats, Joyce, and happy shopping! Your "tilted" cards are all fabulous. WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congrats on your win !!!!!! Love that card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Congrats on winning Joyce! Our cards were similar! Great minds think alike!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Joyce, in my internet outage, yours was one of the many cards I missed! Congratulations on your win! Your card is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Ooo look at all of your lovely samples, Joyce! So excited to see that you won the prize this month, too, you LUCKY girl ;)! The layered double-ended banners are so cool...they look like washi tape! I LOVE the flower cards with the little strips of patterned paper! Really makes the images pop. And how sweet are the retro TVs? You chose the PERFECT colors for them, so manly and....well, RETRO! :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. These are all fantastic, Joyce! I especially love the repeated stamping of the TVs!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Joyce, I look at the CAS-ual Fridays gallery, and I am amazed at all you have created. Honestly...WOW! I don't think I can pick a favorite, they are really all fabulous! So glad you could play along with us. And congrats on your blog hop win!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...