Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The 12 Kits of Occasions: June 2015


Aaack--it is the end of June already and time for our 12 Kits of Occasion group post.  I always look forward to this day, as it is such fun to see what everyone has made with their supplies.  This month is our leftovers month, where we use supplies we have left over from previous kits.  

I started to go through stacks and piles of left over supplies, and kind of got lost in the process.  I ended up with quite a few cards--and still have an enormous pile of extra supplies.


This first card uses supplies left over from Jeanne's kit from May 2015.



My next two cards use patterned papers left over from Tracey's kit from April 2015.  I was on a bit of a quilt kick--started off by my casing myself with this card.





The next two cards use supplies from Marybeth's kit from March 2015.




Here is when my piles got a little messy and mixed up.  I am pretty sure that these next two cards use supplies from June of 2014.  Not really sure.  Anyway, this card with the bird is loosely based on the sketch this week at CAS(E) this Sketch #129.  I ended up putting the sentiment in a different place, as it worked better that way.




This last card is based on a quilt pattern I found on Pinterest here (#10)  The supplies were in an envelope from Renee, but I have no idea what month or year they were from.



I had a lot of fun going through all my old envelopes of supplies and picking out things to use for new cards.  Kind of like a combination of a trip down memory lane and getting a bunch of new craft supplies.

Please head over to our 12 Kits of Occasions blog to see a list of team members along with links to their blogs.  We have also invited some of our previous guest designers to join us again this month with their leftovers, and you will find links to their blogs as well.


Thanks for Visiting

15 comments :

  1. Great idea to do a left overs month. Love all your cards Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous designs ! I love how you used the patterned paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed so hard at the idea of you trying to figure out where and when you got some of those leftovers! I will never, EVER get tired of those farm animals alone or in a cute group and standing on top of each other! I also really love the quilted papers from several of your cards. I remember that sweet elephant paper from Sharron's kit and love the speech bubble topper. You were busy this month...and not just checking out colleges back East!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic collection of cards, Joyce ... such brilliant use of the 'leftovers'! I've wandered through a few times, trying to choose a favourite but it's not possible ... kept changing my mind! Suffice to say, they're all simply splendid! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for popping over to see my cards for this post!! These are wonderful - I particularly love and am amazed by the quilted ones!! So full of color and just so very well done!! Clean, crisp and precise lines!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Joyce...so many fabulous and fun cards and so many more cards to pin and case! I love each one, way too hard to choose a favorite. Need to pull out my left over bin and play some more. You are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a talent, Joyce! I love how you played with your leftovers in such a diverse way...Such fun quilt patterns and I love your card for the CTS challenge! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always amaze me with all your designs Joyce! I love that you are playing with patchworks and patterns! I loved scrolling down and seeing one card after the next, each one better than the last and then that last one just took my breath away. LOVE LOVE LOVE the contrast you achieved there! Stunning! That little birdie in the branches is wonderful and I dont think I've ever seen those fishies ever looking better. You totally rocked this. Who knew left overs could be so good?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do an amazing job with leftovers Joyce, I"ll have second helpings on everything please!! These are all fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all so fantastic, Joyce! Now I want to CASE your CASEs! Great design with the fish and wonderful idea to create quilt designs with the papers. The farm animals are always adorable and I kept forgetting to use mine. Thanks so much for all the inspiration of more ways to create with my leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joyce, your leftovers are amazing! Each card is simply delightful! Fish, quilts, canning jars, birds, and darling ellies...something for every taste! Amazing!!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had fun using leftovers! What a wonderful collection of cards! The 'just a note' card is simply gorgeous and I love the patchwork and fish cards as well .

    ReplyDelete
  13. You crack me up, Joyce ... there are a few things I don't recognize - but who's counting? LOve what you've done with every bit, and piece...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, Joyce! Those quilted cards are gorgeous! They are so detailed and colorful! I also love the sweet elephant "big hugs" card. And the lures hanging on the line are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...