Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The 12 Kits of Occasions: May 2015 (better late than never)



The end of May really snuck up on me and I found myself completely immersed in celebrations and festivities surrounding my oldest daughter's high school graduation.  I finally had some time yesterday to play with Jeanne's amazing kit, and managed to quickly pull together 8 cards over the course of the day.

Here is a picture of the amazing kit that Jeanne sent to us.  It was beautifully wrapped and filled to the brim with so many incredible items--most especially die cuts and cool embellishments--just like Jeanne is famous for.  Our theme this month was Let's Hear it For the Boys--no trouble making masculine cards with this kit.

Photo Courtesy of Kelly

Although I am posting late, I promise that I did not check out any of my fellow 12 Kits teamies' creations--I wanted to have an open mind and see where this kit took me.  I knew if I peeked, I would only want to make copies of whatever I saw.  So, as soon as I get this posted, you know I am going to be rushing over to see what everyone else made.

I took this opportunity to play along with a few challenges and get my Father's Day cards done.


I am entering this card at Paper Players #247 Tic Tac Toe (I used the bottom row:  die-cut, patterned paper, any shade of yellow)




I am entering this card at CAS(E) this Sketch #125.  And, I want to say thanks for picking this card  (3rd card down) as a winner in the last challenge.  I play along with this challenge all the time, and this is the first time I have actually won!






I am entering this card at AAA Cards #40 For the Guys.  I thought this card looked a little too serious, so I added some of the mini googlie eyes Jeanne included in the kit.  Now it is just whimsical enough that I think it will make my dad smile.




I am entering this final card at Simon Says Wednesday where the challenge this week is Make it Masculine.



Well, that's it for me for this month.  I hope it was worth waiting for, and I will definitely try to plan my time better in the future.  And, believe it or not, my kit still looks untouched.  A big THANK YOU to Jeanne for such an amazing kit. I loved everything about this kit, and it was so easy to create with, once I just had a moment to sit down and focus.

Please head over to our 12 Kits of Occasions blog to see a list of team members along with links to their blogs.  You can also see this month's supply list as well as our special Guest Designers.

One more thing--I am so excited to see that one of my CASology teammates, Hazel, has put together a smaller group Down Under modeled after our 12 kits group.  She calls it 'Honey I Shrunk the Kit' and you should definitely head over (or under) and check out what they are doing.

Thanks for Visiting














30 comments :

  1. Awesome. Love your cards Joyce! And better late than never for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun cards. I love all the die cuts with the kit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes definitely better late than never especially when your late is the most fabulous collection of masculine cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey what a super busy bee Joyce - you are rolling these out like there's no tomorrow.
    All super duper stunning and inspriational makes.
    Such talent - I love them all.
    Thanks so much for linking up and playing along at AAA cards. Sarah s

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Joyce... really, really well done... and most definitely worth the wait! Now I see lots of ways I can use some of the goodies I haven't used - thanks! I especially love the 1st Father's day card... loved that leaf print and am hording it!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well...it was sure worth the wait, these are some fabulous cards! I would never know you had been too busy to create...these are simply amazing Joyce. I love your third card and can not wait to case you on that one, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great collection of cards! You sure have been busy! Thanks for playing along with my tic tac toe challenge this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You bet late is better then never!! There is some serious creativity here and I love ALL of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous collection of masculine cards, Joyce!!!! All so lovely!!!!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab Father's Day cards and congratulations on your win x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the first two with the curve! Wow you did a wonderful job creating some wonderful masculine cards in such short time. I trust you that you did not peek .....we always have so many that look alike ...just by coincidence . Love the colors in the "dad" card !
    How fun that Hazel is also starting a new group ..love the name:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH WOW!!! I can't believe all the cards you got made. I'm smitten with the ones with the circle die cuts! The perfect balance of pattern and solid papers - really stunning! The other one I want to case is the dad with the diamond pattern background - looks so retro! You rocked this kit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, these are all fabulous, Joyce! I love the rich colours! And congratulations on winning at CTS last week -- your card was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All fab, especially the for us! Great and beautiful. Thanks for playing AAA Cards- For the Guys! Cheers, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, these are ALL amazing! LOVE the Paper Players one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome designs, Joyce--well worth the wait! You've given me so many ideas! Love your first two with the circles. I used the deer but still have the bird! And the third card with the great retro design looks fabulous. I definitely plan to try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Joyce, you have been so busy! WOW! Gorgeous cards! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE these, Joyce! Awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely fabulous masculine cards! I LOVE them all. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow - all these cards are fabulous! And I can't believe that you made them all in one day! Any one of them would have been perfect for our masculine card challenge - but I really do love the googly eyes on the birds - a fun and unexpected finishing touch! Thanks for sharing at AAA Card! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  21. I second, third and fourth the 20 people before me (who apparently are far more organized than I am!): these cards are stellar! Well worth the wait and such a fabulous showcase not only of the kit ingredients, but your incredibly flexible style....
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, what a ton of super great cards with some very clever accents. So glad you could join us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Wonderful cards! You have been one busy girl!! Fabulous designs!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW!!!
    These are fabulous...
    and you got 8 done in a day...
    I'm impressed...
    and jealous. :(

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, Joyce ... these are all so amazing ... and most definitely worth waiting for! Eight in one day ... I'd be lying down in a darkened room just at the thought!! Favourites? The first two ... love those curved cuts! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are beautiful. This is obviously a fab kit. 8 in one go! A little green awe at that. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am UBER, ULTRA, VERY impressed with the results of your creations from the wonderful kit from Jeanne!! The men in your life will be getting cool and fun and neat cards for the next long whiles to come!! So in love with this whole 12 kits concept and so appreciate all that you ladies do to make it so fun to follow!!! GREAT cards and MARVELOUS creations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So many great masculine cards! That one with birds with googlie eyes is a scream.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Joyce those first two cards are soooo awesome! I couldn't figure out how to use those little circle dies, but the way that you have sold behind and then a neat pattern in the hill cut...wow, they look amazing! I also really like the kraft dad card and all those little arrows you used in different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I hope you mean it when you say "better late than never". I'm just getting around to seeing your 12 Kits cards and I am so impressed. All your cards are elegant and colorful, Joyce. Well, except for the googlie eyes. I can't say that's elegant but it sure is fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...