Tuesday, June 30, 2015

CASology Week 153: Pop



Hello and happy Tuesday.  It's time for a new cue word at CASology.  This week, our cue word is POP.  Our sponsor this week is Serendipity Stamps, and they have asked us to use their stamps in our inspiration cards this week.

I decided to make my card primarily black and white, and added some POPs of color and also POPped up my colored elements with foam tape.  I stamped the image on some scrap paper, colored a few elements with Copics, coated with Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents, fussy cut and adhered with foam tape.





Here is a picture of the stamp I used--you can click on it to be taken to the Serendipity store.

I have some extra inspiration for you today.  This card was inspired by something Ardyth said in our CASology Facebook group--and I was able to use a brand new Serendipity stamp to make my card. She had the idea to make some Pop Art.  As soon as I opened my Serendipity stamps package, I knew I could do something like that with the Summer Flower Pops Background and my Copic Markers.  Of course, I had to make my card square so it would be obvious where I got my inspiration.




Here is a picture of the stamp I used--you can click on it to be taken to the Serendipity store.  This stamp is 5 3/4 square, and I just used a portion of it.



So, how about you?  How are you inspired by POP?  I hope you play along this week. Please remember to keep it Clean and Simple.

Head on over to the CASology blog and gather some inspiration from the design team.






14 comments :

  1. Stunning - great use of the pop art idea (and a square card!!) lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both stunning, Joyce ... love the riot of colour on the 'Ardyth-square-card' pop art ... and oh my, those sketchy, whimsical blooms with their little pops of colour ... gorgeous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this CUE word is excellent and I really want to try and play along!! I have been so busy with family reunions, weddings, heat stroke, migraines, and such that I am playing catch-up in my life but I want to play with this fun word!! YOU have done an incredibly beautiful job of showing off this cue word and inspiring with your colorful pieces of art!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it!!
    That pop art is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce, I adore the first card and the pops of color...I think I may need to buy that stamp, it's so cute! I love that style of flower art! Your second card is definitely a good example of "pop art" and I can absolutely see the inspiration behind it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your first card is so cute! I love how you added your pop of color, and the sentiment is so fun! I also love how you played with the idea of Pop Art on your second card ~ Very cool take on the Cue Card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are fabulous Joyce!! I'm swooning over the second one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card for the challenge--love your pop of color! And the pop art design is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've really outdone yourself, Joyce. I saw the first card and thought how wonderful to pop the colored flowers over the black-and-white. Then I saw the next card and Wow! It's terrific! Pop art at its best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my....not really sure how I missed these two amazing cards! They are simply stunning and your coloring is off the charts fabulous. I really love all that you have done with these, just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, you are clever! Funny, you see stamps in a store, but you really need to see them showcased to get a real feel for them, and what you have done with these two stamps is nothing short of brilliant! I loved your first one in the DT gallery, and then your pop art one blew me away! The colour choice and framing couldn't be better! LOVE them Joyce!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dazzling, Joyce! The black&white with the pops of colour is striking and eye-catching! and your "pop" art...oh my! Vibrant and vivid! You've showcased these images wonderfully; the challenge inspiration most cleverly!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Joyce!! Absolutely beautiful!! You did an amazing job. I love the first stamp. I didn't see it on their site. I have to look again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...