Thursday, June 11, 2015

5 Cards for Thursday


I am squeaking in at the last moment with a card for WPlus9's Throwback Thursday challenge.  I used WPlus9 inks and Pretty Little Peonies and Pretty Peonies along with a sentiment from one of the Strictly Sentiment sets for my card.  I followed the basic sketch of one of Maureen's inspiration cards.




My next card is inspired by the sketch at Sweet Sunday Sketch #272 and uses the Stamping With Neutrals technique shown in Make it Monday #214.  You can see that I rotated the sketch counter clockwise 90 degrees.  

It was my first time using Brushed Blooms and Background Basics Random Stripes and I don't know why I waited so long.  My focal point is on a panel cut with MFT Pinking Edge rectangle dies, and I only had them for a couple of hours before using them on two cards, so I feel pretty good about that purchase already.  I am also entering this card at Simon Says Monday For the Love of Plants.







I used the Old Rose Prints stencil from Stamplorations on my next card.  I sprayed a ton of Heidi Swapp pink color shine through the stencil and then let it dry.  IRL, it is very shimmery.  I am liking the look of pink, gold and black lately, so I paired that panel with some gold striped washi tape and a PTI die cut frame stamped with a gold border.




I am entering this card at Stamplorations June challenge:  Stamps and Washi and Stamplorations Anything Goes.




I have been really enjoying playing in the Retro Rubber challenges, as it encourages me to pull out some of my older stamps that I still love.  The challenge at A Blog Named Hero is Favorite, so I pulled out one of my very favorite Hero Arts Stamps--Birthday Gift, and used it in one of my favorite ways--stamping it multiple times in different colors, cutting them apart and then stacking them back together.


I used the same WPlus9 inks that were still out on my desk from the first card.  I sponged Little Piggy ink on the edges of my pinked layer to match the 2nd layer of my Birthday Gift image.  

The challenge at Retro Rubber #16 is tie it on, and so I cut off the stamped bow from the very top layer of the stack and replaced it with a tiny twine bow.  The stamp I used for this challenge is one of the very first wood stamps I bought when I started stamping about 5 years ago.




Last up is a very quick card I made as soon as I saw the latest CAS(E) this Sketch challenge.  I took a pretty literal interpretation of the sketch, and used a butterfly from Hero Arts Antique Engravings, embossed in white and water colored with Distress Inks.   I masked off a square on my card front and stamped it with the PTI Crackle stamp using WPlus9 Fairy Dust ink.


I am entering this card at Addicted to CAS #65 Butterfly and the Hero Arts Tic Tac Toe Challenge, where I used the diagonal 'watercolor-birthday theme-heat embossing.





Thanks for Visiting








39 comments :

  1. These are fabulous, love the dimension created by the flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you for sharing your gorgeous butterfly card with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Joyce, love your pretty floral cards!! The butterfly card is peaceful and lovely. And the cute topsy turvy cake is too much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your floral cards are absolutely amazing. And i love the cake card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous butterfly, Joyce! Love the yellow/orange color and the sweet little square it's perched on! Thanks for sharing this with us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous mix of cards Joyce. You have been busy!! Thanks for playing along at ATCAS and Happy Little Stampers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful group of cards for today Joyce! Love the new dies and yes great purchase. The buterfly card is gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know how you do it, Joyce...you have such a knack for combining challenges and pairing your stamp sets and dies to create the most BEAUTIFUL cards! I love them all, but my fave is the 2nd one with the gray stem and pinking edge mat...so pretty! Gorgeous CAS card with the butterfly, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS...we always enjoy seeing your lovely cards in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you have been super creative, love all the flower cards but have to say the butterfly card is a joy. Love the crackle background, so subtle and perfect way to make the butterfly shine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing! You make so many beautiful cards, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, these are all so wonderful, Joyce! I think my favourites are the first one & the last one -- they're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards, Joyce! I love the uniqueness of each one. I'm especially in love with the brushed blooms card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Joyce, you've been busy! Gorgeous florals, fun stacked paper pieced gifts, and what a wonderfully delicate butterfly against the crackle background ... my fave today! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So inspired by all your cards and the awesome, cool techniques you have used and just how each one is so unique and individual - love all the challenges you have entered and I am sure you will ROCK them because you are SO very talented and have such a wide range of creativity!! Hope you are happy on this Friday and I wish you a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so amazing...5 cards in one day! And they are all so different and beautiful. Love your wonderful style. You are really are a challenge queen, you always seem to know what to make cards for and they are always over the top fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful array of flower cards, Joyce. Love the butterfly and cake too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful cards Joyce!
    So glad to see the beautiful butterfly card in the galley at CTS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful day you've had in your craft room, Joyce! Each one a treat ... just love that pinked panel - so cute! Your butterfly is total perfection for our CTS gallery - thanks!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun birthday card with a nice little touch of twine. Thanks for joining us at RRBC!

    ReplyDelete
  20. There's so much inspiration in your cards today, Joyce. All of them are fabulous but my favorite has to be that butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fabulous collection of cards Joyce and I am particularly drawn to the third one with the beautiful flowers. But then the butterfly one is a favourite too.....
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Joyce! Excellent card for the RRBC! I love it - all the effort to make this card was so worth it! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Lots of gorgeousness here! The second card is definitely my favourite. Love the colour combo and what a great background element the Random Stripes make!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lots of fussy cutting but so well worth it! Love the twine bow sitting on top. Thanks for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Striking cards! The designs are beautiful! Gorgeous flowers. Thanks for playing along with us this week in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Plants Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! This is a parade of lovely creativity right here!! It was one gorgeous creation after another! I particularly love that first card with it's vibrant colors and I adooooooore the STAMPlorations rose stencil one. It's so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us in the stamps and washi challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely eye candy -- your CAS bfly is stunning - Thanks for joining in at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  28. Girl, you know you always having me panting by the end of one of your marathon arrays of sensational cards! I don't know where to start so I'll just say I love them all, as always! Thank you for playing in the Retro Rubber challenge! It's a super cute card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful use of ARTplorations stencil and washi in your card for STAMPlorations! All an all a fantastic post with so many pretty cards! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love that little twine bow at the top your cake card. I really like all of your cards (call me biased, but the cake is my fave) Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this week. Cx DT

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are all so lovely, Joyce!!!! Love that new pinking edge dies you've got - definitely a good buy!!! All the flowers are so beautiful and I love the fun cake and the stunning butterfly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMG Joyce, your TBT card is gorgeous!!! I love your color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful card you made for Retro Rubber! I can't make that many cards in a week! lol Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber's ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great job on the card! Tganks so much for doing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Once again, I'm in jaw-dropped, breath-taken-away awe at the showcases of talent and ingenuity here! Your floral trio are simply beautiful, while the cake is pure delight. Of course, the butterfly has captured my attention. You are blessed with such an abundance of creativity and how fortunate we are that you share it with us so generously!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  36. Many gorgeous and striking cards! Love how you used the rose stencil and the effect is very cool! Thank you for sharing at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...