Monday, January 5, 2015

CASE-ing My Friends



I am popping in ever so quickly to share 2 cards I made yesterday.  They were so quick to make because they are both CASEs of cards I saw while visiting my blogging friends yesterday.

This first card is CASEd from Bobby--I just fell in love with her faux quilting card and had to make my own.  I used the Building Blocks die to cut some sheets from a Recollections Valentine pad that was sitting around, and laid it out just like Bobby did.  According to Bobby's description, this is a rail fence pattern.  So, I learned something about quilts yesterday, too.  After gluing down all my strips, I ran it through the Circles and Diamonds Lil Inker Cover Plate to give it a quilted texture.  I cannot wait to make more of these.  It was a really fun (and easy) card to make.



My second card is a CASE of Kim from Cupcakes, Cards & Kim.  I often CASE Kim, but usually not so soon after she posts her card.  But, what can I say except that I was immediately inspired, and I also needed to replenish my sympathy stash.  I went monochrome with this one--I think it sets the right tone for this card, using Kraft ink and paper along with Rustic Cream paper.



Thanks for Visiting

10 comments :

  1. Fabulous CASEs, Joyce ... saw Bobby's and Kim's cards over the weekend too ... you've done them both proud ... love your take on theirs! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce...I am so honored that you cas'ed my sympathy card. Your card is just beautiful and I love the serene look you created. And Bobby's quilt card, just amazing and it looks cozy enough to curl under with a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilted card is so pretty, great mix of patterns! I recognized Kim's card right away, VERY pretty CASE Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce - you did a wonderful job of CASEing your friends!! I am so intrigued by the look of the faux quilting card and I totally love the way you did the sympathy card - so classy looking!! Very good - so proud of you - you CASEd good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both gorgeous and I think I'm going to have to CASE your CASE of Bobby's card - that quilt look is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are wonderful. The quilt card has such a comfy feel to it--perfect for get well. Your sympathy card is very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards. I especially love the first, one...I really love the quilted look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic CASEs, Joyce! The quilt design looks so warm & cozy and the sympathy card is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! After seeing this and doing Kara's challenge a couple days ago it makes me wonder why I don't CASE more often.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...