Friday, January 2, 2015

Three New Cards





Happy New Year everyone.  I've got a few cards to share today.  First up is a card using some NBUS that I'm linking up to Darnell's NBUS Challenge #3.  My NBUS is a Studio Calico Chevron Mask stencil, and I'm not saying when I got it.  I am also linking up to Virginia's View Challenge #11: Clean Slate because of all the white space on this card.



I used this temporary adhesive recommended by Jennifer McGuire and have to say that it made all the difference.  I was able to sponge all around the stencil without having the bits of plastic shift around.  I used various Distress Inks in a rainbow color scheme.  I used this sketch from the January PTI Inspiration Archive.



My next card is for the Make it Monday #195: A La Carte challenge.  I decided to use Make it Monday #176:  Backgrounds with Embossing Paste for my card.  I used the same stencil as in the card above, and colored my embossing paste with Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest and Pure Poppy reinkers.  I purposely only did part of the card front.





My last card is for the challenge Kara is holding on her blog to celebrate her 200th week of the Friday Inspiration File.  Kara has challenged us to choose a pin from the file and create a project.  I chose to case this card from Betsy Veldman.  I am also celebrating with ColourMe and their ColorMe...One year anniversary party.  I chose #34, and used Baja Breeze, Crisp Cantaloupe and Calypso Coral.





I'm linking up all three cards at Simon Says Wednesday Anything Goes challenge.



Well, that's it for me today.


Thanks for Visiting

27 comments :

  1. Wonderful cards Joyce, all three so uniquely different. LOVE the bold embossing paste background. Super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards!! So glad you're joining me for this challenge!! Love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Joyce, you did a great job on ALL of the challenges! I especially like your last card, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely bunch of cards. Love the color scheme of the card you made for Kara' s challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done Joyce! Gotta try embossing paste soon...I have a brand spankin new jar sitting on my craft desk. Love your Colour Me card too! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a menagerie of awesome creations! You sure know how to work that white space!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and your cards never fail to impress me and inspire me, Joyce! Just the way your mind works and how you tie in all the challenges is so engaging! You make it all look so easy, but I know it takes a ton of time and thought to orchestrate the card symphonies like you do! Thank you so much for joining in my NBUS Challenge #3!! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. So bright, so cheerful, they make me smile! Great cards Joyce! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, a trio of gorgeous cards, Joyce ... the first one in particular is simply wonderful ... rainbow colours, chevron stripes and all that glorious white space ... blissful ... and pinned! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three amazing cards! Those chevrons are simply the bomb!! Your creations are full of inspiration, and I'm just loving these. Wowzers!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  11. All are wonderful, loving you sharing what adhesive you used so the stencil wouldn't shift. Honestly learned so much from you and love that you do share! Fav? Came to visit through MIM, and absolutely adore the chevron partially applied and ombred.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joyce, you totally are rocking that embossing paste! I really love the look you created with it. And your chevrons are so beautiful. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful cards Joyce! I love the paste one for MIM that turned out so great! I have to get back in my craft room ! You have inspired me again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful selection of cards, great colors and designs. Fabulous, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have been busy, Joyce. I love what you did with the chevron stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Three wonderful cards, but my heart skipped a little beat for the Hello one with the texture paste background - love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all three of your fabulous cards, Joyce! Happy New Year to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful post, Joyce! I really love how you used your stencil on the first two cards, and your hears are so charming on the last one! You did an amazing job on all of these challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW - that rainbow birthday card is just flat out amazing!!! And the circle with the hearts one took my breath away!! So swoon worthy - all of the cards in this post!! I So pleased for you that you have created such magnificent works of heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh, I love your amazing stenciled cards! Love the way you switched up the colors and technique using the same stencil for unique look each time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! You have been very busy- i came here from the MIM challenge page, and loved the embossed background- but I also love the other cards, especally the 'love' one :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful cards indeed ;) Awesome use of dies! Thank you so much for sharing a card with us at Colour Me…! for our 1 year anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful cards Joyce! I love the stencilled pops of colour and the love hearts are too cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous cards, Joyce! Great use of stencils! I haven't mastered that technique yet. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...