Monday, January 26, 2015

Monday Recap



Hello and happy Monday.  I'm here posting a few things I started yesterday and finished today.


I just love my new Stamplorations Houses stamps.  I broke them out for the first time and embossed them in white on colored card stock.  They were really easy to fussy cut.  I added a grass die cut and adhered everything onto a white card front embossed with a Sunrise impression plate.  I used the Stamplorations sketch rotated 90 degrees.

I am entering this card at Color Throwdown #326Stamplorations January Stamps and InkStamplorations Sketch Challenge #26 and Stamplorations Anything Goes Challenge.









This card seemed doomed from the start.  It is so very simple, but I won't say how many tries ended up in the scrap heap because of irregular or uneven stamping, crooked stamping, ink smudges, etc. And, it looks like it should be a 5 minute card, which it would have been if it wasn't for a string of silly mistakes.  To top it off, it was meant for Merry Monday, and I missed the deadline.  The good news is that the card finally worked just as I wanted, and I can link it up at Christmas Card Challenges #8 Anything Goes and Addicted to Stamps Holiday.




Have you ever sat down to peruse your favorite blogs, caught sight of something inspiring and had to stop it all to make a card right then and there?  Well, that happened to me twice yesterday.

First time--I was on Michelle's blog, I Card Everyone, spotted this card for Inkspirational Challenges #74, and had to make something of my own.  She totally got me with the paint chips and triangles, and this is what I made:




After that, I happened upon the winners post at The Paper Players and this stunning card by Kylie that was crowned winner last week.  I immediately grabbed the nearest piece of patterned paper sitting on my desk and made this:


It was truly a 5 minute card, and I think I'll make some more some time--it's a great design to showcase/use up patterned paper and build up a nice birthday card stash in a hurry.  I'm entering this card at this week's Seize the Birthday--no toppings.

Thanks for Visiting

33 comments :

  1. Girl... You have been busy!!! Love all of these!! I can relate to mistakes while stamping.....for some reason when I make a card with white space....I always get ink somewhere!!! Love the rays embossed behind your house/grass scene for your CTD card!! Thxs for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wohooo!! I am loving the way u used those houses in all those yummy colors :) such a pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed - you have been such a busy crafter!! In the time it takes me to create one - you create 4!! My favorite one is the first one with the cute houses and the sunburst embossing folder!! So awesome looking!! And then I guess the one with the yellow paint chip is next - cool technique, awesome card idea!!! Just so superbly done - you rock!! Have an amazing day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. I also love the paint chips, which I used last year for a class I taught. Thanks for sharing Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so clever, Joyce! I love how you played with the houses on both cards and the fun design you created with your paint chips! Such a fab take on Kylies card, too!
    So happy to have you playing along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It wouldn't be a Joyce post if had only one card. You amaze me with your ever flowing line of wonderful cards, Joyce. I totally get the smudge, mis stamp thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful set of cards Joyce. Love the paper-pieced houses with the sun ray background. The second card is so sweet. The red/white look is so perfect. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyce...so so many fantastic cards! I love them all and your first card with the white embossed houses is my favorite, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many fabulous cards Joyce, you do this full-time right? That Stamplorations houses set is definitely too cute, love that you embossed in white!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...and why is it that your posts often end up in my shopping cart! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. All your cards are gorgeous Joyce! Thank you so much for joining us this week at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many gorgeous cards Joyce! Love the way you have used the new STAMPlorations stamps, and the card for ATSM is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those sketchy houses look great in those colors! I really like that patterned paper you used on your five minute card too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great embossing folder to use behind those sweet houses! Wonderful design! So happy you could join us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your sunlit village houses are gorgeous in those fabulous colours, Joyce ... love them white embossed! Crisp and CAS holiday card, stunning ombré paint chips (I was so taken with Michele's card too!) and cool die cut birthdays ... so much inspiration! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous cards!! Sometimes the easiest card can be the hardest!! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhhhh....another post full of fabulous Joyce cards!! Those houses are pretty darn cute and I KNOW what you mean about the smudges and goof ups. Sometimes the simplest cards turn into a marathon of work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love each one of these Joyce. The house card is incredible...love the sun ray background. The paint chip is so unique too. Then the Birthday card is perfect for your stash! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love those delicious colors on your first card. Such cute little houses. That looks like such a happy neighborhood. The Merry Monday card (I missed it too, they need to give us a longer week) is cute and does look easy. I know about those easy cards that take all afternoon to make! The two die cut cards are really nifty. Those are definitely quick and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, all so amazing! Love your houses with the sunrise embossing! I kept seeing designs using paint chips and need to pick up some soon. Your triangle design looks fabulous. And your birthday card is so cool, and wonderful because it would be so quick to do!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love how you always have a smorgasbord of cards here!! Your bright houses and paint chip triangles really shine!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great group of cards! Great piece of DSP to showcase on the birthday card. I love the hint of the woodgrain in the background and the fun, bright colour! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those houses look fabulous with the embossed sunrise background, Joyce! Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wowzer, great cards! All so creative and beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational and STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a treat to come by here! I love how you've paired those adorable houses with the sunshine rays. What a great idea. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month, Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your little houses! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges. Marsha DT @ SCCC.

    ReplyDelete
  27. If you moved those little houses right next to my little houses, we could invite many more folks to "move in" - I've been pondering that set from Stamplorations for some time... I think the time has come! I love that you've been bitten by the paint chip bug, Joyce... thanks for your sweet comments!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous cards! Love the bright houses with their embossed background, great cheerful colours. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month. Good Luck! Monika

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very cute Christmas Card. Thanks for playing at CCC this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. How fun to use a paint chip for the Card.
    So glad you joined us at INKspirational Challenges for our "Ombré" challenge.
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love all of these!!!! Awesome use of the colours and sunshine embossing plate on the first card. Love the crisp clean look of the second card and the gorgeous embossed frame. The paint chip card? GENIUS! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrats on your random win at STAMPlorations, Joyce! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...