Saturday, January 31, 2015

The 12 Kits of Occasions: January 2015



I am a little late to the party, but am finally here with my post for our January 12 Kits of Occasions. Our host this month was Kelly and the theme was 'A Happy Hello'.  Kelly sent a fabulous kit chock full of all sorts of goodies--just the sort of things that are perfect for those cards to send to a friend just because.  Here is a picture of the kit Kelly sent.



I ran out of time way before I ran out of ideas or supplies.  Here are the 5 cards I made so far.









This one is a shaker card.
I am entering this last card at Simon Says Monday Challenge Up in the Clouds--for the airplanes.



You may remember that we had to say goodbye to Renee last month.  Well, this month we are saying goodbye to Kara.  They are both stepping back to spend more time with family, and I am hopeful that they will return at some point.  Stay tuned for our February post, when we announce how we will be filling their shoes.

In other exciting news, we are running a little contest to select a guest designer for the month of February.  The Theme is BIRDS and we would love to see what wonderful creations you would make with our next kit.  Of course, there will be lots of bird related supplies.  To enter our contest, please just leave a comment here on our 12 Kits Blog telling us if you have a favorite bird and whether you do anything special to attract birds to your home.  The deadline for the random drawing will be February 4th and the winner will have their kit mailed ASAP.  

Please head over to our 12 Kits Blog to see a full list of supplies as well as links to participating members and guests this month.


Thanks for Visiting

22 comments :

  1. Love them all! But your last card with that over the top shaker, oh my, so creative and so fun. I can not wait to give this a try. Your first card is so stunning, love that deep blue with the pretty floral tag, so beautiful. And you coloring of the chicks and coffee cups, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a feast of cards they are all awesome <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW!!! You've taken this kit and run completely away with it. LOVE them all. I have to say that the texture on that deep, rich blue on your first card has totally captivated me. All of these are just stunning. Beautiful. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce ywhat a beautiful collection of gorgeous cards. I LOVE the royal blue background with the tag and the flowers--WOW!! All beautiful cards sa always my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of great ideas here Joyce ! I love the tag on that sapphire background - gosh is that striking or what?!! And the primary colors on the coffee cups, and cool shaker card with the bikes inside! You rocked this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually try to be a bit original, but I cannot help it... Joyce - you had me at Hello!! Oh my gosh I just LOve those floral/berry embellishments with that fabulous blue! Speaking of blue... now I can tell you about one of my favorites, who visits annually and even brings the missus... the Indigo Bunting is worth a trip to Google land for... even better? The Cornell Lab of Ornithology website. I get pretty serious about our birds! Love every card, Joyce, right down to the plane... I'll pick you up at the airport!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many happy hellos! Wonderful cards, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards, Joyce, and well worth the wait! LOVE the first one with the embossing and gorgeous blue, a must-do CASE! And the shaker card is so wonderful and creative! Fun idea to add some color to the little birds--makes them look so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowzers Joyce, these are amazing!! Love the pretty royal blue card base and those sweet flowers on your first card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! Hello! Hello! I love all the hello cards and what you came up with your kit. So fun. Love the shaker card and its shaking stuff inside. So much fun! Wait, did I say that already? I mean it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fabulous, Joyce ... these are all brilliant ... I'm especially loving that stunning royal blue with the posy tag ... and of course those wee birds have a special place in my heart! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards! Especially love the tag against the bright blue background...so striking and awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice assortment of cards Joyce. The coffee cups is a hoot. Have a nice warm and comfy week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow,Joyce! You first card is my favorite hands down ...of any card ! The rich,bright colors and elegant design it looks amazing! Can you tell how much I like this card? Amazing cards here and all this when you were short on time! You rocked Kelly's Kit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous cards! I especially love those flowers on that deep blue!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am always amazed and in awe of the delightful and gorgeous cards you create with these kits!! I am definitely going to enter the giveaway - I WOULD LOVE TO PLAY ALONG!!!! Awesome - thanks for the info and for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Terrific theme this month - love the tag card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You always do such a fabulous job with the kits, Joyce. I love that shaker card with an actual airplane inside.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So much cuteness!! I'm especially loving the second and third cards. :) You should enter your shaker card over at Virginia's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great collection of cards! I quite enjoy that huge speech bubble with the little birds ... a fun contrast!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Joyce, they always say to save the best for last. :) These are all fantastic! Especially loving the shaker and your first card..so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You know I LOVE that first one...
    navy!! :)
    Kelly sent such a gorgeous kit...
    I miss you guys already!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...