Sunday, January 18, 2015

Mostly Get Well Cards



I've been in and out of my craft room all weekend, and am now ready to post everything.  I focused on restocking my Get Well cards this weekend.  I still need to make some masculine cards, as I realized that all the ones I made this weekend are quite girly.

I'll start with my favorite of the bunch.  I am entering this tag at Tag You're It #13, where I was inspired by the washi tape, layered die cuts, double layer tag and the tiny bow on Heather Campbell's pretty inspiration tag.







I decided to turn my tag into a card, and it will be sent off tomorrow.  The Washi Tape is NBUS--you still have a few hours to play along at CASology, where the cue word this week is NBUS, and you have a few days to play along at Darnell's NBUS Challenge.





I used the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches #169 for my next card.  I finally broke into my NBUS Cuppa Love by Papertrey for the flowers inside the circle window.




I used the Cuppa Love stamps again, along with the matching die, for my next get well card.  I stamped a stripe across the base of the card using one of the graphic stamps in the set, and then adhered my stamped cup on top.



I used this week's ColourQ #275 for my colors and the home made foam sticker technique from this week's Make it Monday #175 for my little take care tag.





My last get well card uses a technique I saw somewhere, and I think it is called baby wipe stamping--or something like that.  I can't remember where I saw it, or even if I did it right, but I tried it and made a card.  Something about putting reinkers (I used drops of liquid water color paint) onto a baby wipe and then having the colors run together.  I used Delicata Gold for the flower centers because I thought the card needed a little something more.



Here is a picture of what it looked like in process.



Switching gears entirely, I have two cards for this week's Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge Soft Scarf.  I thought I'd pull out some holiday Hero Arts stamps, since they are the sponsor.  I had two ideas, both of them incorporating the colors from the scarf as well as the idea of a frosty cold holiday.

I made a shaker card using sequins in the same colors as the scarf, and my stamping is Silver on black card stock.





On my next card, I stamped a snowy neighborhood, then masked the houses so I could blend a sunset background in the same colors as the scarf.  I colored some of the white bits of the houses with colored pencils, and went over the snow with Wink of Stella.





Well, that's it for me today.


Thanks for Visiting

27 comments :

  1. For in and out of your craft room Joyce you have an extremely productive weekend! Wow all of your projects are fantastic and for so many challenges. I love your Tag for TYI, you captured the inspriation and those flowers re beautiful! The stamping and techniques are all so inspiring. Love your baby wipe stamped card. The ink blended background for the Curtain Call is fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing for both Tag You're It, CASology ;) and the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super impressed with all that you accomplished today by going in and out of the craft room!! Wow - I just think all of these cards have a very distinctive feel to them and they call out "I was made by the super talented and creative Joyce"!!! You use color on your cards in the most pleasing ways and I for sure am going to try the baby wipe inking technique!! Awesome and you are totally cool, clever and classy in all your card making!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love all the vibrant happy colors across all these cards Joyce! The first one is my favorite but they are all stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful array of colors and fabulous use of techniques! I'd love to have all of these in my collection! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! All your cards are fabulous! I agree, that I'd like to try the baby wipe stamping. I just reordered some re-inkers so hopefully I'll get to play with them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy! Love the tag card... I too need to get started on having some get well cards on hand as 'tis the season! thanks also for the sweet comment on my blog from my CAS-ology link.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow- lots of cards. My favourite are those tags with pink flowers on the card - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many wonderful cards and great techniques! You do a great job with coordinating your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An abundance of creativity Joyce! Your first tag is so pretty, love the classic pink and black ~ yum! That cup for the cQc is adorable, so happy you could join us this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful! the first two are my faves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joyce...love them all! But your sweet tag card is so stunning and beautiful. What flowers did you use? I don't think I have those yet...Your tea cup card is another beauty too, but then everything you make is fabulous. And for being in and out of your craft room today you sure accomplished so much...very impressed. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ, hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You amaze me, Joyce. I don't know how you can get so many wonderful cards, each with a different techniques, done so quickly. Your mind must be working overtime. Thanks for the idea of using liquid watercolors. I don't have any reinkers but do have some of those so I will have to try that technique. I love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've been busy! In such a fun and beautiful way too!! Love them all, but am especially smitten with your tag card. Love those flowers and the washi!! I need a fully creative day like you've had! These are simply amazing! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all stunning Joyce - your Colour Q one is so crisply stamped and striking and I think you've totally perfect the baby wipe stamping technique..so pretty how the blooms have kind of faded. Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much crafty inspiration when I look at all your beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are amazing!! Love the pink tag and the baby wipe goodness a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are always so productive on your weekends, Joyce! I love the variety of techniques and goodies you've used here. The tag card is gorgeous - how adorable is that tiny pink bow? And that distressed washi tape is pretty cool too. The baby wipe card is so cool! I love the way the flowers came out! They almost have a batik feel to them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh what an amazing assortment of cards! So glad you included colourQ in your crafty goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness,where do I start! Love the gorgeous tag with the distressed washi tape...beautiful blooms. The baby wipe stamped card is absolutely FUN! I am pretty sure it was MIM and I can't wait to give it a try again after seeing your card!
    Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful peonies and very cool shaker!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You've been so busy! Fabulous cards and a great selection of techniques.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Goodness, Joyce, these are all so fabulous! I've scrolled up and down a few times just to take them all in! I particularly love the first ... it's so beautiful ... and second ... it's so delicate and spring like! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You always amaze me with your projects. I love that technique with the ink on the paper towel - why have I not tried that yet??? Your tag with the houndstooth is AMAZING! And all the color you packed in that embossed window card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nicely done with these four cards. Love the circle cutout card a lot! And for the first time I don't have any of the sets you used on these cards....interesting. That never happens!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are all so beautiful and each so unique! Thanks for playing along at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow you have been very busy and I just love all your cards. Can't decide which one I love the best. They all look awesome with lots of details. Thanks for joining us over at Tag you're it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, talk about a lot of fun challenges (I seriously try and never meet my goal of playing along with all of them). But thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...